Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

I got an email yesterday saying Oh change was made to my account and when I checked it said I was accepted.
ACT 30
AP: World History (4), US history (4), AP computer science (5)
Senior schedule: symphonic band, AP Calc BC, AP economics, Spanish 5, physics
I’m from Long Island and am majoring in computer science. I am a Caucasian female from a suburban public school that doesn’t rank but I am in a lot of clubs and I did varsity tennis and I do dance outside of school

So by now does this mean I am deferred since I have not received an acceptance letter.

@mss2898
For a short breakdown, 34 ACT, 4.55 GPA (this is the only one my school provides). High AP scores (mostly 5s, two 4s) Lots of clubs and community service (although none math/science oriented).

@jman457 no, this does not mean you are deferred. Many people still have not gotten in, so you can’t make any assumptions until the date they announced for Jan 15

Received the acceptance email on Tuesday (Watson).

SAT: 1950, ACT: 29, GPA: 99.34 with almost all honors and AP. Top 10% of the class, although I come from a small school (150 kids in graduating class).

ECs: National Honor Society, Math National Honor Society, Foreign Language Honor Society, Math League, 100+ hours of community service, brown belt in jujitsu, work 15+ hours a week.

Really excited because Binghamton was my #1 choice!

when i check the status checker it just says submitted on 10/13, does this mean I’m still EA and they just haven’t reviewed my application yet?

@pjohoo98 yes you are still EA, they may or may not have reviewed your application, but have not published the decision yet. You should hear something by 1/15, but don’t expect anything over the next week since the admissions office is closed for the Holidays. Good luck!

I know everyone here is EA, but any idea on when he start hearing for RD?

@bloodythunder take a look at last year’s threads for admissions decisions. I’m pretty sure it’s mid March :slight_smile:

Since Binghamton’s Meet and Greet for accepted EA applicants is on January 11th, is it safe to say that I probably got deferred or rejected if I don’t receive an e-mail before that date :expressionless:

@orangedayy At this point I would think so. My daughter is in the same boat, although I’m not surprised based on previous years.

S also. At this point he has ceased to care though.

Does anyone know when they will be sending out more decisions?

I can’t believe it. I thought this is my safety school, but have not received anything.
It is okay, I got accepted to NYU Stern already as ED.

Does this university send email or notify you if you are deferred or rejected ?

@rochester123 You are supposed to contact all of your colleges immediately to pull your applications since you were accepted somewhere ED.

So does Binghamton not give rejection letters for EA applicants?

How do we get known whether we are rejected or accepted ?

@desie1 , yes, did a few days ago. Nobody from my high school has received any decisions yet (in the pat, 20-40 accepted to B).

@rochester123 Oh, okay. That’s weird that nobody got any decisions yet. So many people have already heard from Binghamton. I’m sure they will here soon.