Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

Well the admissions office has been reopen for 2 days now, and I am amazed that there have been no new posts about acceptances/deferrals or rejections. If you have heard over the past 2 days can you let us know? Thanks!!

My son also applied for EA in November, but we haven’t heard anything. (engineering school) Spoke to his counselor today and he said he’d give them a call. Hopefully he’ll let me know tomorrow. He also said no one else from my son’s school has heard from Binghampton. We’re way out on the island. I hope we hear one way or the other soon.

@bballover - good luck. Looking forwrd to hearing what the counselor finds out! My son applied 11/1, so even if it’s a ‘No’ it would just be nice to have a decision/resolution. He’s been accepted to 3 other schools but Binghamton is #1 choice. Just want to make a decision so we can move on - that’s why we did EA!!

@EddiesMom I agree. I will post what the counselor tells me as soon as I can. I have to say I’m surprised that it has taken this long and I’m thinking maybe it’s not good news. (2010 SAT 31 ACT 3.7 GPA) My son was a little weak in extra curriculars (my opinion). He’s also been accepted to 2 other colleges and still waiting to hear from Stony Brook and Northeastern. His first choice is Bing, though. Best of luck to all of us! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know when the next batch of decision are coming out?

My son’s counselor just called. He spoke with Binghampton this morning. They told him my son’s application is under review and he should receive a packet in a week or two. He also told me the valedictorian of my son’s class recieved her acceptance over the break. He’s certain my son will be accepted, but I just think the fact that they haven’t made a decision doesn’t bode well. Still hoping for the best. He didn’t mention when the next decisions are coming out. I guess it’s a wait and see. The 15th will be here soon.

@bballover - thanks for the update. Your son’s stats are really good & the counselor got a good feeling from his conversation with the Admission’s Office, so it sounds positive for your son. Good luck…we’ll all keep hanging in there until we know…

Anybody accepted hear anything about the honors program yet?

Has anybody been accepted/ heard anything for decker yet?

@alybsox11 Hey my twin sister applied about a week before me to Decker and she got her acceptance like a week before Christmas break. I’m still waiting on my Decker decision.

Thanks for answering, and I’m sure yours is coming! What are her stats like?

@alybsox11 she’s the valedictorian haha #1 out of 940. 2330 SAT, she can get in anywhere she wants.

has anyone heard back today?

Looks like emails of status change are not sent out until 4 pm in the past. I thought people would have heard yesterday but I guess not. It you read the thread from last year at this time this was was the last week of acceptances and then everyone else started to get differed to RA the week of the 15th. I really think it is the very top stats being excepted. It is impossible for them to go through 33,000 applications in 3 months.

I received my decision yesterday
Result: Accepted to school of managenent

stat:
29 on ACT(28english 32math 32 science 24 reading)
weighted GPA: 89
Ranking: top 20%

recommendation letter from honor trig and honor physics teachers

ECs:
Have 3 online stores(own business)
Stock club leader
Artists treasure
Cooking club leader
Swimming team member
Food bank volunteer leader
Math team member
Science Olympiad team member

Essay:
Failure about my business and how it leads to my later success

My stats is really so so, I guess it was my ECs that helps me and I hope it can help you guys! It is kinda my safety school but I am so excited that I just got my first acceptance letter!

Did admissions send you a physical letter or just an email? Also, are you from out of state?

Just I email that says my status was updated. I currently live in state but I applied as a international student since I am not a citizen.

That’s impressive. With scores like that she should be going for pre med not nursing lol

hehe

Hello - my Daughter was granted early admission to the college of community and public affairs as a major in Human Development. However, she was deferred for Harpur. Wondering if being accepted early action is a good sign that She will be accepted @ Harpur regular decision? Has anyone heard of that scenario? Thanks and good luck to all.