Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

Are all the acceptance letters done? i havent heard back yet

@nickagg2 acceptances will occur through 1/15 for EA, and then regular decisions will start. All EA will know by next Friday—my son is still waiting too & we applied 11/1

Accepted to Harpur today! 99 weighted avg, 34 ACT, very challenging courseload, many ECs, good essay

D was accepted tonight.

Just got an email that there was a change in my app status and i was accepted

I was accepted into som at 5:45pm
I’m from NYS
Sat:CR:680 M:640
95 average
Lots of ECs
AP and honors classes
I’m honestly surprised I was admitted EA especially considering how difficult SOM is.

Accepted into Harpur around 6pm

90.16/100 UW GPA from top nyc high school
33 ACT

My S got accepted today into Harpur, ACT 31, 3.6 Unweighted GPA and many APs Junior and Senior year (Physics, Calculus BC, European History and Spanish). No mention of scholarships. He now will have to decide, Albany also accepted him with a Presidential scholarship, and Bufallo also accepted him with potential scholarship.

@EddiesMom Did your son apply to Watson?

My D was accepted tonight. 31 ACT and 3.6 unweighted. Mostly all honor classes & AP. Excellent recommendations. Lots of EC’s.

I applied to Bing School of Management EA on Nov 6th, and have not yet receive any notice. Also there seems to be not that much School of management acceptance.

@bballover - Hi. My son applied to the school of management. Good luck to you!

@hlf2175 i applied to som around nov1 and was accepted dec18

Accepted into Watson today.

Congrats @motortrend! @EddiesMom guess we’re still biting nails. Good luck to you as well!

@EddiesMom So RD decisions will be rolling as well?

@Chrysanthemum14 — yes, I believe so.

Thanks I think there will be a lot rolling in over the next week.

I GOT IN! Binghamton was a safety/target for me, since it’s getting so competitive, and my dean was worried I was so borderline but… I GOT IN! I was accepted EA To Harpur CAS. Here are the stats:

GPA: 3.3 UW (my school doesn’t weight)

SAT: 2180 (790 M, 720 W, 670 CR)

ACT: 34 (35 Reading, 34 English, 33 Math, 33 Science)

SATII: BIO M 730, MATH I 730, CHEM 630, SPANISH 740, MATH II 670

Senior year classes: AT Bio (AP), Creative Writing (Adv), Cit 2.0 (Reg), Honors Calculus (Hon), AT Spanish Language (AP), Honors French (Hon)

I’m also a National Merit Semifinalist, and I received silver medals in both Spanish and French national exams last year (Spanish: Level 4; 91%, French: Level 1; 90%)

My school is a public high school, but it is well-known amongst college admissions offices and is one of the best public high schools. I am in New York.

ECs:
Foreign Exchange - Spanish Exchange Student (2 weeks in Madrid spring of junior year)
Art - National Art Honors Society (member, Jr. Officer, secretary)
Foreign Language - Spanish Club (officer, president)
Athletics: JV/Varsity - Softball Catcher 1B 3B Outfield
Academic - Student at Columbia University High School Program over the summer; 11th grade I took Genetics and Molecular Biology and 12th grade I took Intensive Seminars in Modern Chemistry
Foreign Language - Student a Middlebury-Monterey Language Academy; monthlong immersion program (spoke only Spanish, 10th grade)
Religious - Confirmand at x Temple
Work (Paid) - Tutor/Babysitter (up to 8 hours/wk, tutored kids in general organization and biology 11th and 12th grade)
Career Oriented - Hospital Student Intern
Other Club/Activity - Independent Language Study (I teach myself ASL, Italian w an online course, Chinese, Hebrew, Portuguese, etc.)

Those are my Common App activities without details, but if anyone has any questions I can share more. I’m so happy! This was my first accept after 4 deferrals (Barnard ED :slight_smile:, UChicago, Tulane, Case Western) so I’m soooo happy to be going to college! Yay!

I meant BUT since it’s more competitive it’s hard to even call it a likely and it’s more of a target.