Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

Does anyone know if they send something in the mail for accepted students? And if so, how many days/weeks after we get the acceptance on the status checker? Thanks!

@ew413, they do! it’s not much different from what’s online, but I’d say I got mine about a week and a half after my online status was changed. two weeks, tops, but I don’t recall it being that long of a wait.

I applied on the 15th according to suny portal, but the status checker displays my application is submitted the 16th. So am I consider early action or regular decision? My sat 580cr 720math 670writing. Applying to Watson computer science. Btw my status Checker doesn’t have the ‘ready for reviewed’, it’s just ‘submitted 16th’

I’m in :slight_smile:

Has anyone joined the binghamton facebook group? Requested to join but it’s still pending. It the page active or not…? Just want to see some faces I might be going to school with :slight_smile:
Was accepted to biology at Harpur the 8th, 1980 SAT, 3.97 GPA.

Did anyone get accepted to the SOM of management yet?

lol whoops SOM****

@steven4998 yes I got my notification on Friday

Yea I head last month @steven4998

Guess that means I got deferred…

What is the Facebook group name? @thevanillavegan

did anyone get accepted today?

@ews413 @thevanillavegan the facebook group is active! it’s “Binghamton University Class of 2020”

Is everyone being notified through email or is it seen first on the application status checker?

I just called and spoke with the admissions office. The lady said they will definitely be sending out acceptances through Friday. I specifically asked if students haven’t heard by now, should they assume they’ve been deferred? She said they’re still going through applications and when they get a good pile, they send out acceptances. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Thank you @bballover. I am biting my nails waiting. There is still hope. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting.

@bballover Thank god… I hope I get into SOM.

@bballover TY for keeping us posted on that! much appreciated…! Theres still some hope… [-O<

Just heard that I got in to Decker!! Hopefully my stats can be of some help to someone

Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): Super scored 2100: 780 - CR, 690 - M, 630 - Wr
ACT (breakdown): N/A
SAT II: N/A
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.45
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): school doesn’t rank
AP (place score in parenthesis): APUSH (4), Bio (4), Lang Comp (3)
IB (place score in parenthesis): n/a
Senior Year Course Load: AP Lit, H calc, H physics, H history, crap tone of religious classes bc I go to a dual curriculum high school that doesn’t offer many AP classes
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): AP scholar, NHS

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Track (founder), XC (captain, founder), baseball, Newspaper chief editor and writer, Writing center tutor, Town Hall Committee (president, 10th grade)
Job/Work Experience: Lifeguard
Volunteer/Community service: Bnei Akiva Head (some religious community thing),
Summer Activities: Leadership program and lifeguarding
Essays (rating 1-10, details): 10/10 Ive been told by pretty much everyone thats read it that its really good

Teacher Rec #1: 9/10
Teacher Rec #2: 7/10
Counselor Rec: good but probably basic

Other

Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes
Intended Major: Nursing
State (if domestic applicant): NJ
School Type: Private
Ethnicity: White (Jewish)
Income Bracket: < 150k
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): none really

Reflection

Strengths: essay and sats
Weaknesses: GPA
Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: I think my stats fit it except for my gpa
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Rutgers, deferred from UMich, still waiting to here back from lots of places

My son just got the update! He is accepted to Binghamton and Albany. We are so excited!