Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

Did anyone hear from SOM this week?

just got a deferred. had a 3.62 gpa weighted with 1910 sat and multiple leadership positions.

Ah… today is really not my day. I just got deferred from Decker.

@andrewmoy were you offered a spot in Harpur? And did you hear through email or the portal? thx

i just kept checking the portal and i applied to bing with a major in finance

@andrewmoy where exactly on the portal does it say? because it doesn’t look like it would have a spot on the portal

@andrewmoy did they send you an email ? Or you just checked on the status checker?

My daughter got an envelope in the mail today with her acceptance to SOM. We are OOS.

I just got deferred from Decker. 4.0 weighted GPA, 1890 SAT, 4 years on and captain of swim team

I applied in late October and was accepted to Harpur on December 8th!

SAT I (breakdown): 2120: 740 math, 630 cr, 750 writing
ACT (breakdown):
SAT II:
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): school only reports weighted, 4.20
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): top 10%
AP (place score in parenthesis):
IB (place score in parenthesis):
Senior Year Course Load: AP calc AB, AP english lang; AP chem; Syracuse forensic science, economics, and spanish
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): NHS

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): lots of tutoring, president of languages honor society, leadership program, student teaching at an elementary school, a few other clubs
Job/Work Experience: camp counselor
Volunteer/Community service: EMT ride-alongs
Summer Activities: camp counselor
Essays (rating 1-10, details): tried my best so i think it’s pretty good!

Teacher Rec #1: 10/10, brought my mom to tears reading it haha
Teacher Rec #2: not sure
Counselor Rec: my guidance counselor still doesn’t know my name so probably nothing special
Other

Applied for Financial Aid?: no
Intended Major: biology
State (if domestic applicant): NY
School Type: public
Ethnicity: white
Income Bracket:
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.):

Reflection

Strengths: sat and gpa
Weaknesses: extracurriculars
Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: slightly above average stats for bing!
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: accepted to tulane, deferred from cornell

Got an email at 5:50 telling me an update to my application had been posted. Good luck to all!

My son was deferred to regular decision. GPA is 3.32, weighted 3.6, ACT 29. Not surprised with so many applicants this year.

Well seems like lots of deferrals went out today. Son was deferred. applied to SOM, so we wait until April. His stats were not nearly as high as many of those accepted, but had great ECs. SAT was 600m/590cr/610w, with 91 unweighted average. He has acceptances to UB, Albany, and New Paltz, so we are still excited, but Bing was 1st choice. Good luck everyone

My D was deferred from decker. Good EC 4.0 unweighted. Does anyone know how it works? Do they look at regular admission apps first then go back to the EA apps?

If you mean regular decision, they look at both the EA and Regular decision application equally. Pretty sure they have no way of knowing if it came from EA or not.

My son was deferred unti April 1st as well. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. He was well above their requirements for Watson. So sorry to everyone else who received the same news today. Congrats to the ones who made it.

There are only 2 options in early action ? Accept or defer ? Am i right ?

Congrats on your acceptance! I’m still waiting for decker. Out of curiosity, Based on your ECs, Do you have an interest in running for bing? Do you think that played into their decision?

My son was accepted yesterday --got the notification through email. His application was sent at the end of September and he just heard mid January. He applied as a Computer Science major. He has a 3.6 GPA, 27 ACT. We are OOS.

Towards the top, right below where they give you your application reference number you will see:

Status Update

An update to your application was last posted January 13, 2016.

View Update >>

Click on View Update

@Atleast6but I applied EA back in November but… I have not gotten anything. There is nothing below my aplication reference number… Doesn’t say status pending or anything, it never did. Is this bad…? I have everything handed in…