Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

@steven4998 Mine didn’t say anything like that either until I was accepted and a view update button showed up. No need to worry. Good luck!!

@steven4998 @LI1997 i am facing the same problem
There is nothing below my application number
Does it mean i am rejected ?

Binghamton doesn’t send out emails about application updates until around 5-6 pm so don’t worry about it too much for now. You should get one either today or tomorrow.

Surprised to see my son deferred for School of Business. He’s got a 98 average in HS. A lot of leadership roles in many organizations. A little sports. A lot of community service, clubs and honor societies and music and theater. ACT was 27 and SAT (which I think is what hurt him) is 1940.

@CP3rdTimeAround I went through this last year with my son so I can provide some feedback. Your son’s 98 is excellent, but did he take the most rigorous course load offered at his high school? At least a few APs and mostly honors through Junior year? Bing likes to see mostly honors and AP courses, especially for consideration into SOM, which is the most competitive school at Bing for admission. A 27 ACT is a bit low. Did your son do better on the SAT? What was your son’s breakdown of math and critical reading? The SAT writing section is not considered. If your son had a rigorous course load and scored at least 1300 on M & CR then I think he has a good shot at admission during the regular applicant pool evaluation. Last year my son got deferred with a 96 gpa and a 31 ACT and I think it was because only half his courses were honors and he had no AP courses until senior year (when he took 5!). He got accepted in early March. His mid year grades were sent in February (he did very well first semester with all his AP course load) and I’m sure that made the difference.

The admissions office said that all EA decisions were sent, and I have not even receive mine yet.

me neither, @hlf2175.

Yeah they sent out all their decisions, so check your application status asap.

Where to check the application status ?

@mss2898 go to the status checker and then it should say a status update

i just checked my application status and nothing has changed, i still haven’t received a decision

i got deferred, but it looks like no one here has received a rejection? do they reject anyone from EA?

Just got deferred with a 32 act, 5 aps, top 10% class rank, 94 gpa unweighted, a lot of ecs including president of national honor society, community service, and I was accepted to case western, OSU, miami, and UB. Binghamton was not close a favorite but I’m extremely shocked

@kau123 what school within Bing deferred you? I would guess SOM?

I am refreshing my application status and nothing as changed at all

@trackmbe3 yes SOM

i got accepted to harpur!!!

i called and they said all decisions were sent out but i havent received an update of my account am i deferred?

D accepted to Harpur. 3.4 GPA. All advanced courses. 2110 SAT. 700+ SAT II.

Many EC’s related to Middle Eastern Peace projects, Speech and Debate Captain, etc.
Just found out this evening. Very excited. Congratulations to all accepted students and best of luck to all deferred.

@kau123 It can’t hurt to write a short letter of continued interest to the admissions office for SOM. If Bing is your first choice and if you would attend if accepted, you should let them know that. Even without any letter, if your mid year grades are good then I think, based on the stats you listed above, that you have an excellent chance of getting admitted as part of the regular applicant pool.