Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

Had anyone else still bot recieved a decision?? Is it possible to come by mail?

I have not receive mine yet

My son received notification he was deferred but it doesn’t state which school he was deferred from. He applied via the common app as major/interest in Accounting. Are we to assume he was deferred from SOM?

Did anybody else that got deferred have a specific school mentioned on your email or portal? TIA

Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): Super scored 1630: 610- CR, 510 - M, 510- Wr
ACT (breakdown): N/A
SAT II: N/A
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.79
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): school doesn’t rank
AP (place score in parenthesis): APUSH (3)
IB (place score in parenthesis): n/a
Senior Year Course Load: SUPA Language and Comp, SUPA Economics, H French, AP Spanish, Math, Forensics, Poetry, SUPA Public Affairs, Anthropology (SUPA is college level from SU)
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.):
I received a government merit-based scholarship to study abroad in South Korea.

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Track, swim team, Korean School, Women’s Minority Leadership, Literary Magazine (Assoc. Editor), Program to end racism (facilitator), Step Team, Math league
Job/Work Experience: Babysitting
Volunteer/Community service: Worked with special needs children, tutor, Varsity Swim Team Manager, Relay for life organizer
Summer Activities: -Spanish Immersion at Syracuse Uni., Abroad in S. Korea
Essays (rating 1-10, details): 9/10
Teacher Rec #1: 9/10
Teacher Rec #2: 8/10
Counselor Rec: 9/10

Other

Applied for Financial Aid?: No
Intended Major: Linguistics
State (if domestic applicant): NY
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: Cuban, Black
Income Bracket: < 250k
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): I study four languages

Reflection

Strengths: Essays and EC
Weaknesses: SATs
Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: low SATs
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Accepted into Albany…still waiting for Stonybook

deferred Harpur, January 13th

if you look back at this forum, you will see Binghamton released a lot of decisions on Fridays. I appreciate that someone was told all decisions have been released, but don’t be shocked if a lot more are released tomorrow. It is a Friday. It is the EA decision deadline. And some haven’t heard yet.

@itsajoke I was thinking that to however i called and it said there admissions office is closed tomorrow

@CP3rdTimeAround did your son’s email or portal state specifically that he was deferred from SOM? My son was deferred also but it did not state which school. He applied through the common app with major/interest in Accounting. TIA

@dim9798 - no, it didn’t list the program or school just said deferred. Good luck :slight_smile:

If an applicant applied for accounting, then he is automatically considered for SOM and was deferred from SOM. Only time Bing will change schools on an applicant is if applied for X and school can’t admit for X, but will admit for Y. I called about that months ago before my son was admitted to SOM.

@hlf2175 have you still not received a decision?

If my son’s portal lists his app as submitted on 11/15 but received on 11/16 do you think he is considered EA or RD?

Deferred from Decker. 92 GPA, 29 ACT, rigorous course load. Good EC and I’m involved In an extremely competitive and nationally recognized medical careers program for my senior year that gives me over 300 hours of direct patient care. Good essay and reccomendations. I’ve Been accepted direct entry into the nursing programs At St. John fisher, Niagra, and Brockport. Kind of expected to be deferred but still upset since bing is my #1

@nickagg2 still nothing

I went to status checker but nothing shows up and there is no update … So what does it mean basically? Am i accepted , deferred or rejected ? :frowning:

Deffered from SOM; ACT=30, GPA=3.8. Average stats and GPA, not too surprised.

My son took 1 AP and 4 honors classes in 9th. 1 AP and 3 Honors in 10th. 2 AP and 2 Honors in 11th. 2 AP and 2 college classes in senior year. So, I’d say it was a pretty strong schedule. His SAT on the Math and Reading was a 1270.

My older son is currently a freshman in Binghamton. He was originally deferred in January of last year and then accepted to Harper in the middle of March for the fall of 2015. He had an sat score of 1910.
some of his friends were offered spring admit and also the Binghamton advantage program where you live on Bing campus but take all classes at the community college for a year.
So there are a lot of different scenerios that may be offered in the coming months.

Do you think anymore EA decisions will come out tonight? My son still hasn’t heard… I think someone above mentioned that the admissions office is closed today though. Ugh!

I applied on 11/11 for EA and still have not received a decision.

Yea I applied on 11/12 and still no decision