Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

So yeah i applied on 11/6 nothing -_-

My son was accepted to Harper. He didn’the check his status until this morning.
He has a 3.9 unweighted GPA and a 2210 on SAT. AP scores in Junior year were 4 or 5. He is currently taking SUPA Economics, AP Euro,
AP Physics C, AP Calculus (BC), Literature of Social Criticism, music theory and is in the wind ensemble, jazz band and pit orchestra. EC:Masterminds Captain, Debate Captain, Model UN Chair, writer for school newspaper.
Essay was about failure. Attends a suburban high school ranked in the top #3 in our county.
Also accepted to Northeastern EA. Waiting on Brandeis, Boston University and Syracuse
Binghamton is one of his safeties so not likely to attend.

good schools, not ivy league but good schools non the less

Has anyone heard back that applied regular?

Got accepted to Watson today. Im from NJ, male, 1860 SAT, 4.0 UW GPA, #33/384 in large public high school.

I got accepted to Harpur about a week or so ago, applied EA. 3.45 GPA (w), 1920 SAT, Lots of music extracurriculars, president of both band and orchestra, decent essay. Also had a suspension from freshman year, which i thought would kill my chances (thankfully it didn’t!).

I was super nervous about getting my admission decision because Binghamton is my #1 and I thought I wouldn’t get in. Will be attending in the Fall. Anyone else set on attending?

Brother was deferred from Harpur on Thursday 1/14, he had a 84 UW and a 90 W along with a 28 ACT. I guess what hurt his chances was mainly the GPA and his lack of good extracurricular activities. Strangest thing though was when he received his deferral email, instead of saying “dear (his name)”, it said someone else’s

UltraDMan same thing happened to us...follow up deferral email gave us another student's name...

Same thing here #UltraDMan and #penelopepitztop: D got deferred, follow up email had another student’s name…what is going on?

Me too

penelopepitztop #TwinMama1998 #classof2020ny

I just called them and they said it was a mistake on their part. Everyone who was deferred was referred to as Hanna.

UltraDMan thx for the update..! LOL...Okayyyy...so we wait...good luck to all...! :)

I have to LOL! Poor Hanna, got deferred over and over again! Thanks for the update!

Decision: Accepted - Business

SAT: 2300
GPA(UW): 3.5

Subjective:
Essays: 7/10
Teacher Rec: 9/10
Counselor Rec:
Hook (if any): None.

Location/Person:
State or Country: NY
School Type: Public

Other Factors:
Leadership ECs along with many Hospitality and Business Related ECs as well.

Good Luck to Everyone!

When did you received your acceptance letter @MrIvyLeague ?

I said the same thing. Poor Hanna. It sucks to be deferred, but do be deferred over and over again?

Congratulations @MrIvyLeague!!! Were you deferred from EA, and now accepted or applied & accepted from RD?

Hey @azilenyc, I received it online and through mail around 2 weeks ago!

@EddiesMom, Thank you! Appreciate the congrats. I applied EA and was accepted. I received my acceptance about 2 weeks ago.

does anyone know when the accepted students day is?

March 20, April 9 and April 17. Not set in stone. But likely. School will publicize in February.