Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

Has anyone been accepted through REGULAR DECISION yet??

@StrongIsland I’m still waiting. Binghamton is taking forever .I applied to Stony Brook the same day I applied for Bing and I’ve heard back from Stony Brook already.

Janice98 - My son applied to both and he hasn’t heard from either one. He was accepted to Purdue, Pitt, Buffalo and received a Chancellors scholarship for $40K from UMass Amherst. I guess SUNY is very competitive this year, particularly SOM at Binghamton. Best of luck to you.

I applied RD and I just received an acceptence!! It was a match school for me and my second choice behind Barnard, I’d be perfectly happy with going

I was accepted into the College of Community and Public Affairs today via email

GPA: 97 unweighted, 101 weighted
SAT: 660 math, 680 reading, 680 writing
Honors English 9,10,11; Honors Science 9,10,11; Honors Spanish 9,10; Honors Math 9,10; Honors History 9, AP World (4), AP US History (5); AP Government; Dual Enrollment: 12th grade English, Physics, Spanish 4, Pre-Calc and Calculus, Psychology
Highest level of orchestra for junior and senior years, secretary of Key Club, National Honors Society, community theatre, seasonal job

Accepted to Harpur!

Has anybody who applied early action and was deffered been accepted yet?

@alybsox11 - not yet!

Has anybody who applied RD been accepted yet? If so, when did you apply, please?

My son applied EA to SOM. Deferred and still waiting. I’m noticing most of the decisions have been coming in on Friday evenings. Good luck to everybody that’s waiting!

Is it too early to ask how generous Binghamton has been with financial aid this year?

I doubt anyone’s gotten financial aid info, have they? My daughter was admitted EA and she certainly hasn’t heard about aid.

My son has not heard yet. He applied EA to the SOM and was deferred. He’s been asking me (in general, not for Bing) if he should change his major to something like Communications and then add a minor in Business. Does that make sense? I’m thinking he will get accepted RD, is that a leap?

Here are some of his stats.

SAT 1930
ACT 27
HS Weighted Average is a 98
He has taken 5 AP classes, 7 Honors classes and 3 SUPA (Syracuse University college level classes)

He has held leadership positions in clubs (Key Club president), the Arts (Directed of Student run play twice), Math Honor Society president, Junior Honor Society President, also in Spanish Honor Society.)

Decision: Accepted to Watson College of Engineering and Applied Science

Objective:

SAT I (breakdown): 2080 (660 R, 690M, 730 W)
ACT: 31 (34 E, 30 M, 29 R, 31 S, 32 E/W)
SAT II: 770 World History, 730 Chemistry, 680 Math II.
GPA (out of 100): 95.5/100 - weighted.
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 40/270
AP/Honors/DE (place score in parenthesis): Honors Spanish III, World History (4), US History (4), English Language and Composition (4), AP Chemistry (4), Interdisciplinary Science I (4.0) - DE at community college.
Senior Year Course Load: AP Human Geography, AP Calculus AB, AP Computer Science AB, AP Literature and Composition, Economics, US Government, Gym, Behavioral Psychology DE (4.0), Programming Applications DE (IP).
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): President of Tri-M, Member of MHS, SSHS, SNHS, NHS, Arista, Archon, received AP Scholar w/ Honors.

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): President of Technology Service Organization (10th, 11th, 12th), President, Founder of Computer Science Club (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th), Science Olympiad Competition (12th).
Job/Work Experience: Local travel agency IT (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th), Systems Engineer at educational data group (11th, 12th), Intern at Young & Rubicam Group (11th).
Volunteer/Community service: Volunteer at local children’s hospital (10th, 11th, 12th), NYC Ranger Conservation Corps Volunteer (11th),
Summer Activities: I mainly volunteered, worked, or interned (at any of the companies/things above over the summer).
Essays: 9.5/10, very unique.
Teacher Recommendation: Probably good, I never saw them though.
Counselor Rec: I have no idea, my counselor does not discuss the rec.

Other

State (if domestic applicant): NY
Intended major(s): Computer Engineering, probably going to transfer into Computer Science
School Type: Urban Public
Ethnicity: White (Greek)
Income Bracket: 60,000+

Reflection

Strengths: GPA, scores, APs, course load, lots of volunteer hours, good work experience.
Weaknesses: Rank. mainly.

General Comments: I wasn’t too surprised by the acceptance, but I am certainly happy I got in! Best of luck to the rest of the RD applicants (I applied EA but just saw this lol)!

And about the financial aid: you will not hear back until late March/Early April from what I’ve heard. Best of luck!

Hi are you in state or out of state?

Hi congrats are you in state or out of state?

A few students from my school in Brooklyn, NY received their acceptances by email and they did regular. I didn’t get anything yet. X_X

I applied regular and received my acceptance today - they are starting to roll out (for reference, I submitted my app in the beginning-middle of December)

I applied regular and just got my acceptance yesterday!

Decision: Accepted to Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science

Objective:

SAT I (breakdown): 2140 — 730 Math, 720 Writing, 690 Reading
ACT: None
SAT II: 730 Lit, 780 Math II.
GPA (out of 100): 87/100 weighted
AP: AP World History (4), AP English (3. Makes me cringe.), AP Computer Science (5)
Senior Year Course Load: AP Calc BC, AP Environmental Science, Economics & Government (College credit), English, Linear Algebra, Gym, Astronomy elective (College Credit).
Major Awards: None

Subjective:

Extracurriculars: New York Math Circle & Summer program
Community Serivce: None
Essays: 8.5/10, it was alright.
Teacher Recommendation: Don’t know, but it was my computer science and math team teacher, so he liked me.
Counselor Rec: 9.5/10

Other

State (if domestic applicant): NY
Intended major(s): Computer Science
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: Black
Income Bracket: <20,000

I applied on January 12th, so it was surprising to get accepted so quickly.