Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

ahhh still waiting to hear back!!!

So mad that I don’t have an answer and they’ve had my application since nov 5th.

Oh Man!! It’s March 1st nd I still haven’t heard back Ughhhhhh!!!

Yup! This is the second year in a row that I’m waiting forever for one of my kids to hear from Binghamton. Last year My older son heard around 3/20. If I had to go through this with a third child, which I don’t I would forget about EA and just have them apply RD.
Good luck to all of you! The wait should be over soon!

@dim9798 your child applied EA and didn’t hear yet? Does the first child attend and like it?

@kristi4806 yes they both applied EA. My older son loves Binghamton and is doing very well there.

Is anyone going for the Open House??? I need a ride.

@dim9798 i can’t believe they are making an EA applicant wait so long for an answer! I’m going to message you if you don’t mind

I can sympathize. I’ve been waiting since the beginning of November! Would love to hear back soon.

I applied RD to Harpur. Yesterday I received an email offering an opportunity to switch from Harper to CCPA. I have five days to make a decision. I would have to withdraw my application from Harper. Anybody know what this means? It also answered questions about transferring into Harper at a later date. I am a little confused. Does it mean I am denied if I decide to keep application in the pool for Harper ? Not sure what to do.

@juc123 It seems like you would most likely get denied if you kept your application in the pool for Harpur. CCPA is less competitive for admissions, so it seems like they still want to give you a chance to be accepted at Binghamton, although intra-university transfers do not always work out.

@juc123 which school is CCPA? is it a liberal arts? I imagine Harper is hard to get into … and it’s the one my son is applying to as well. Maybe you are on the line with GPA and they want to see it come up ?

@kristi4806 CCPA is the college of community and public affairs (human development, social work, public administration). I agree that they probably think @juc123 has some great qualities for admission but probably want the GPA to come up before admission to Harpur.

That’s a hard decision… doesn’t seem like one has anything to do with the other depending on major. If you weren’t able to switch into harpur then you wouldn’t get the degree you wanted… I’d ask alot more questions before taking the offer. What are your stats?

Binghamton is my top choice, and I was deferred from EA to RD. I applied as an English major, and as of lately don’t feel like English is the best fit for me. However, the classes offered at CCPA appeal to me. Did the people who got offered CCPA instead of Harpur apply as undecided?

My stats are SAT 2010. All honors courses 4yrs high school. GPA 93. I agree I should ask more questions regarding transfer.

Honestly, the two schools (Harpur and CCPA) don’t seem very related. You have solid stats and would have many options at other universities. Binghamton is a fine school, but nothing worth compromising what you want to pursue a degree in at a college. Ask yourself this, what happens if you attend and after a few semesters you can’t transfer into Harpur? Then you would need to change schools, make new friends etc…or get a degree you didn’t want. There is a risk and only you can determine if it’s worth it for you to take. Best of luck with your decision.

i have to agree with @StrongIsland

Yesterday I was Accepted to Harpur with a guaranteed transfer to som in fall 2017. In state with 31 act and 94 average. Seriously had no extracurriculars or sports besides two clubs and a job.

My son was just accepted to Harpur! He’s so excited! Anyone going to the accepted students day on march 20th? S