Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

@newyorksports98 @Calry1998 he is in-state, and had a 93 GPA and a 30 on the ACT (30 Math, 33 Eng, 28 Science, 28 Reading)

My stats:
Decision: Acceptance Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
Sat~1840
Act~ Didn’t send
Unweighted~3.6-7
Extracurricular~ Volunteering
Recommendation~1 solid 1 decent
Guidance rec- Guidance Counselor doesn’t know me at all but can write
Essay- My ego says it was strong, in reality I have no idea how good it was
TBH I don’t know how i got in.

Are you in state or OOS?

Decision: ACCEPTED to college of community and pubic affairs
Attending
Gpa: 3.6
Act: 30

Anyone know when financial awards come out?

Binghamton has released its 2015-16 Common Data Set.

You can access it at https://www.binghamton.edu/oira/cds/CDS_2015-2016.pdf.

Some highlights include:

-over 30600 applications for the Fall 2015 Freshman class.
-an admission rate of 43% and a yield rate of 20%.
-mean SAT’s of 638 CR, 666 M and 625 W for students who enrolled in the fall.
-middle 50% of enrolled students of 600-680 CR, 630-703 M and 580-670 W. ACT middle 50% of 27-31.

Looking at the Common Data Sets of the other SUNY schools, Binghamton is clearly the most selective, followed by Stony Brook, Geneseo, and UB.

I thought that some of you who were either admitted or are still waiting to hear would be interested in seeing how you stack up against this year’s freshman class.

adirv111 : How did you receive the acceptance, was it email , portal change or snail mail?

D was accepted on portal first, I think, followed by mailer. Merit $ offer came way later. Trying to decide if it’s better to revisit on a non-accepted students day (when there isn’t a huge group of people there). We visited the U of Md on an official day, and it was so crowded that it was much harder to hear/follow on the tours than when we went on a regular tour of Bing. Really want her to eat in a dining hall and walk around campus; less interested in more Admissions PR. What do you think? Anyone ever been to BU’s accepted students day?

@LeavingNest1 We did last year. We had already done a campus tour months before so on the accepted student day we wanted to hear more about the academics specific to his major. They will give you a schedule and you can attend all or just a few of the events and customize your own day. We did not find it overcrowded at all. Honestly for my son the accepted student day is what sold him on Bing.

At this point should I just assume a rejection? It’s so discouraging; I thought I had a good shot.

@LeavingNest1 are you out of state?

Yes, about 2 hrs 45 minutes away (North Jersey).

My son was finally accepted into Watson tonight!

Daughter accepted to Watson. :slight_smile: 30 ACT, 97 Unweighted, In-state.

I applied early January RD but i haven’t heard back. Is it a good or bad thing that it is taking this long?

Has anyone heard back from EOP admissions yet?!?!? If so please respond, and state When ingot it and if it was via email or mail

I found out I was wait listed today. I’m an instate 92GPA unweighted and 29 ACT but I am also in a prestigious medical careers program. I’m going for nursing so im not surprised since it’s so competitive. I am fed up with Bing and just wanted to know so I had all of my options so now I’m just happy to be able to confirm that I’m going to another school. Good luck to everyone else

I was just waitlisted too. In-state 97 GPA weighted and 1890 SAT. Also applied for nursing.

My D was also just offered waitlist for nursing. Turned it down, she’s been accepted to Penn State, Stony Brook and Rutgers nursing programs, all are just as good.

Aww man that sucks… Wait did you guys get notified that you were wait listed by email or mail @classof2020ny