Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

@Shelly215 Email that my status had changed and then I checked the Bing portal

I was deferred from EA for nursing and now I’m wait listed. They won’t tell you their decision until June 15, and it’s ridiculous considering deposits are due May 1st for colleges. I’m not planning on waiting for them any longer.

If I haven’t heard by now does that mean I’m getting rejected? I know people were wait listed but I have gotten no decision :((

Denied, glad I’ve waited since November to be denied.

So it seems like they’re notifying people in order of the decisions. A bunch of people posted acceptances earlier in the thread, a few people were wait listed yesterday, and now a deny. So basically anyone who hasn’t been notified at this point is a deny? That’s nice.

Anyone know when the honors/scholars thing is going out?

Scholars went out already, at least I got mine a while ago.

@luckydoggy1234 they fill up most of the spots with early acceptances. Then the leftover spots are rolling as people decline the program and/or the school itself, at least from what I’ve seen. First batch went out in early Feb, I think? That’s when I got mine.

Anon when did u get yours?

I don’t remember exactly when but sometime in Feb

Son was waitlisted for SOM…we will not be waiting. He was accepted to Purdue, Pitt and SUNY Buffalo. He received a chancellors scholarship to UMass Isenberg School of Business and will commit. It is a better ranked program, but will also ultimately be a little more expensive even with scholarship. He is very happy and I think its where he belongs so I am excited for him. For those of you accepted to Bing,congratulations, it is a fine institution. For those who were waitlisted or not accepted, I am certain you will find the “college where you belong” just as my son has found in UMass and you will all do very well if you apply yourselves. This is just the first step of many in life and the sky is the limit if you work hard. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!!

@luckydoggy1234 I got invited to scholars in the first week of February, but invitations go out again soon in spring to fill the rest of the spots!

Son just denied from SOM. Applied EA and then deferred. At least the wait is finally over.

Just denied SOM. Life officially over :frowning:

Just got denied from SOM after being deferred early action

Honestly very surprised with being rejected after being deferred… Talked in person with my Admission officer, visited twice, showed high interest, had many ec’s including leadership positions, captain of varsity rowing team, worked a job, had a business internship, both parents are immigrants and I’m the first to go to college from my family.
GPA: 3.4 at one of the best regarded private high schools in New York
SAT: 2100
I guess everything happens for a reason, but this really hit hard particularly in the financial aspect of it all.
Nonetheless Congratulation to everyone who got in, I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time!

Congratulations to everybody who was accepted to Binghamton! To those of you like my younger son who were denied or perhaps wait listed and decided not to wait, I can tell you that even though I know from experience that Binghamton is a great school (my older son is a freshman there) it is certainly NOT the ONLY great school out there. My younger son will be committing to another school that meets his expectations and is very happy. Like @StrongIsland said (all us moms sound alike) if you put your all into it, (and judging by the STATS that some of you posted you definitely put your all into school) you will succeed in whichever school you choose.
Best of luck to everybody on this thread and may all of your dreams come true!

@dim9798. I’m a Dad :slight_smile:

Oops Sorry @StrongIsland …let me re-phrase…all us PARENTS sound alike…lol :smiley:

Please do not despair, @newyorksports98. Read the comments of @StrongIsland and @dim9798. They are absolutely right.