Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

So tomorrows April 1st, and I still haven’t heard anything *I honestly don’t know how to feel * :frowning:

I’m visiting Buffalo on Saturday for the open house if Binghamton doesn’t work buffalo is looking like the second option and my major is business management @sosoyumii @Shelly215

YEA, if I dnt get into bing, I’m out to buffalo @sosoyumii @kingwillis_23

Just committed to Bing a few hours ago.

I’m going to read through this thread in detail, but I’m curious about my daughter’s chances of being admitted to Binghamton with weak EC’s. She’s a sophomore in High School, and she has a 94/95 average in the core 5 classes, unweighted. All Honors and 1 AP through sophomore year. She hasn’t taken the PSAT or SAT yet, but let’s assume she hits the 50th percentile for both CR and Math.

Her EC’s are not very strong - track and cross country year round is her only real EC so far. She’s done a little bit of tutoring. She plans on doing more during the rest of this year and next, but I’m worried that she won’t have enough.

Binghamton’s CDS says that EC’s are important. What do you all think? Is a mid 90’s GPA with 50th percentile SAT’s good enough to get into Harpur? She thinks she wants to major in Math. Would high SAT scores outweigh better EC’s?

If she hits above 1250 on SATs I think she’ll have a good shot.

Have her do community service and take on learship roles.

Honestly, I think SATs count for alot. I wouldn’t have made it had it not been for my score.

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket as school admissions are unpredictable. Look into other schools she may like as well.

@kingwillis_23 tell me how it goes! I would really love to visit but Buffalo is 8hrs from where I live. :^(

@RightHand Congratulations. Followed you here from the Brown thread (sorry for stalking, haha). Binghamton won a great and focused student, and it’s Brown’s loss.

@Sosoyumii what was your gpa and sat scores?

85-86 unweighed and 2040 first time and 2000 second ( did not send in)

I applied through talent admissions though, @falconic

@mg29409 Thanks! The Brown University thread was an oddly bonding experience. I wish you luck in all your future endeavors!

@WalknOnEggShells, have your daughter try the ACT as well. They are considered equally by colleges and some kids (like my daughter) do a lot better on one than on the other.

My son was Deferred EA
GPA: 4.0
SAT:1930 (550 R, 720 M, 660 W)
ACT: 27

Wait Listed RD
Anyone think he’ll get in?

Alright I will let you know @sosoyumii and for me it’s 6 hours away and are you going to the open house for Buffalo @Shelly215

Waitlisted EOP.

Oh well. I’ll live.
Any way I can increase my chances of getting out? I’ll do ANYTHING

@Hamlin u just found out at like 5??? The emailed you to check the portal? And what area are you from NYC?? And @kingwillis_23 sadly no, I found out abt it too late to make arrangements hbu are u going?

@Shelly215 they didn’t email. I checked on my own. I’m from queens, nyc. If I don’t get off waitlist I’m going to univ. at buffalo.

Fuck I was wait listed TOOOO SMFH
@Hamlin how do I accept it doe

@kingwillis_23 and @sosoyumii I was waitlisted SMFH I just checked my portal

My status has remained the same atleast they replied to you they didn’t even reply to me and yea I’m going to the open house tomorrow @Shelly215