Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

;-; awww @shelly215 = (( such a bummer

Yea at least @kingwillis_23 and @sosoyumii I know it’s sucks Ughhhhhh but did binghamton give you the financial award from yet? If so how much do u have left to pay ur self

I asked this on another thread, but I’m extremely conflicted. I have a full ride to Bing/Geneseo/SB, and I don’t know which to choose. I’m a biochem major and I want to move on to medicine. Opinions??

@schroscat I was a biochemistry major at Geneseo and really loved the program. The intro level courses kind of sucked since they are large weeder classes, but the upper-levels were amazing and the professors, especially in the chemistry department, were wonderful. I had quite a few classmates who ended up going to med school, and they seemed very well prepared for it. I also know someone who was in the Binghamton biochemistry program, and he loved it and is in a grad program at Johns Hopkins now. I have also taken science courses there as well and they seem to be run well, although the lab facilities I used are pretty outdated compared to other colleges. I can’t say much about SB, but the other two are both great programs. I would definitely recommend visiting the schools and looking in on classes at each, as my courses at Binghamton and Geneseo have been very different in terms of size and instruction.

I just came back from accepted students day at University at Buffalo and the school is amazing and so big. I loved it @Shelly215 @sosoyumii

@schroscat my brother just graduated as a biochem major, pre med as well, at SB. he originally wanted to transfer to Bing before he attended SB, but realized right away that he was in the right place. To be honest, SB lately seems the best place for the hard sciences, but of course that’s up for interpretation. Feel free to PM me any questions :slight_smile:

@fishgill Thank you so much! After some research today, we’ve decided to go to SB, unless a spot opens up at Wesleyan for me :slight_smile:

@kingwillis_23 same. It was so awesome. I’ve been to Columbias tours and UB got very close. Will be attending for Biomedical/Chemical Engineering and Applied Mathematics. What’s your major?

My major is business management and I don’t know if I’m definitely going to attend I’m still waiting for Binghamton and need to visit the other schools but after today it’s at the top of my list @Hamlin

Wait @kingwillis_23 how much u have to pay for UB I have to pay 12K STILLL and I’m in EOP SMH I leaning towards stony Brook now!

Like 15 K and I still didn’t receive my financial aid packet from stony brook @Shelly215

OMG that’s a lot, unless you have that type of money! Hey did u take some bus to buffalo how. Long was it nd how much u paid for the bus ride @kingwillis_23 I’m TRYNA see if buffalo is worth it Ughhh u dnt know where to go

No I went in the car and the ride was about 7 hours and from what I seen in the school it is worth it and I’m still seeing what other schools give me @Shelly215

For what it’s worth, two years ago my daughter chose RIT over Bing. We live in Brooklyn. For many reasons it was the best choice for her, but the only thing I am really unhappy about is that it’s so far from home. A day trip back and forth between Rochester and Brooklyn is impossible and even one night is pushing it. A weekend home is just not in the cards. And Buffalo is at least an hour further.

It’s certainly not the most important criterion and neither of us has any regrets but those extra 3 to 4 hours are not meaningless.

ah I’ll be flying home if I decided on either Bing or ub

Did you make your decisions @Shelly215 @kingwillis_23 I’m so close to committing to ub •~•

I didn’t make my decision yet I have to visit the other schools and still waiting on a reply from bing but UB is at the top of my list so far the other schools are going to have to blow me away @sosoyumii

I think I’m going to stony Brook @sosoyumii
@kingwillis_23 idk

I’m visiting stony brook Saturday @Shelly215

I’m going to the open house on April 25! You should check your portal for binghamton! @kingwillis_23

It’s still the same no response yet @Shelly215