Binghamton University Class of 2021 Decisions

@sb9916
I am also majoring in comp science :))
pretty sure Watson is the only school in Bing which offers comp sci as a major

Did the engineering school decisions come out for EA of class of 2021, yet?

any decisions today?

@Stevieger35 @themilkman99
it’s rolling admissions. They dont send out all admissions letters on the same day. A girl from my school already hears back but they continue to send out admissions email until Mid Jan

@themilkman99
i feel like colleges dont sent out emails on Fridays of admissions

34 days…

I appled to SOM, and I was wondering if i get rejected from SOM do i get bumped into Harpur pool?

@hamsamcam17 Is SOM more selective than the other schools at Bing?

well I’m not sure about all the other schools, ( i think engineering is pretty selective) but its def. more than harpur @schoolemail34

Look at the acceptance threads from last year’s class and you will see the stats of kids accepted and declined for each school.

@LIParent101 well my question isn’t stats. Its if i don’t get into SOM am i denied from all of Binghamton or will I be bumped into Harpur admission pool?

@hamsamcam17 i’ve never heard of that happening.

@hamsamcam17 Like @LIParent101 said, I’d check last years acceptance threads. People would have posted if that happened. I have never heard of someone being moved into a different school though either…

When do you think Binghamton is sending its next wave of acceptances?

^^^

Honestly no one can predict the future here

I think last time they did it on a friday

@hamsamcam17 If you get denied from SOM the. Binghamton may --depending on how good your stats and strength of your overall application, decide to contact you or your guidance counselor to ask if you want to be considered for Harpur. If you really want to go to Binghamton and are not sure of the likelihood of getting accepted to SOM, you may want to reach out to your regional admissions counselor to ask if Binghamton can consider you for Harpur if it cannot accept you to SOM. The downside of doing this is that if Bing knows you will go there even if not to SOM they could select someone else who is borderline for SOM over you. Also, it is very difficult to transfer from Harpur to SOM. You will need at least a 3.5 gpa to have a chance of doing an internal transfer after your freshman year.

okay so I applied for the watson school of engineering and applied science… and now I’m scared cuz everyones telling me its really selective… It’s probably too late too change my school at this point if I’m an early action applicant right loll I would rather just apply to harpur and make bing my safety…

a bunch of kids at my school got in on dec 1, but i have yet to hear back…