Binghamton University Class of 2021 Decisions

@nellyko

Congrats on getting into the SOM. Can you please tell me your stats gpa and test scores? THX

Does anyone know how long they take to make a decision? fall 2017 applicant

Accepted on dec.1! 32 act 4.0 UW gpa

Really hoping for some decisions tonight or tomorrow!

Anyone know if ECs are heavily weighted for Bing?

Here’s a hypothetical - one sport year round, 95 UW Avg, 99 W,
675 CR, 675 Math SAT. Is this competitive for Binghamton? Anyone know?

@krauser126 need based aid will come out in the Spring.
@WalknOnEggShells I believe they look at everything but Academics are number one to them. The chances of acceptance depends a lot on the major you are applying to. Last year Computer Sci applicants with great stats who were applying to Bing as their safety school were rejected. The got into Northeastern and other great schools and were passed over by Bing. SOM also rejected kids with awesome stats who picked it as their safety school. The kids couldn’t afford the private schools and had to go to Stony Brook and hope for a transfer. We were surprised that our son got in early in Jan. He did not choose to go to Bing though. He just never fell in love with it during his visit.

Some people have already heard back from Bing

today?

last week some people got accepted but it’s rolling admission until late Jan so the majority of applicants did not hear back yet so dont be worried :slight_smile:

@impntmom

did anyone else apply to the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering & Applied Science ?

I did!

@shinoninomi
do you know if it;s harder to get into that the other bing schools? I applied by accident (loonnngg story but I can explain if you want)

it’s definitely more difficult to get in than arts & sciences but I dont know about the others

are any decisions coming out today???

@schoolemail34, If you indicated the incorrect major on your application, you should contact the admissions office ASAP to find out if you can correct it and how you would go about doing so, especially if you are not truly interested in Watson.

Ugh was hoping for some decisions tonight. Anyone think tomorrow??

wait is there a really big difference between watson and harpur? As in getting in… And did anyone who applied to watson get their decision yet???

@sb9916 Yes, there is a big difference. Harpur is the arts/science school (undecided majors as well), and watson is more difficult to get into, because it is the engineering school. If you have no interest in engineering, you need to contact the admissions office.

@strocky11 I’m majoring computer science and they put me in Watson. Isn’t that where I should be placed in?

@euve69

95UW/98W
ACT 34 (36E, 32M, 35R, 31S)

Eagle Scout
NHS
300+ volunteering hrs (mostly with BSA)
Studied Spanish and taught English in Costa Rica for 2 weeks as soph
4 years Varsity baseball
3 years Youth and Government (basically state-wide Mock Trial)
Newspaper editor
Worked in data entry at doctor’s office summer 11th
Worked as cashier at Kmart summer 12th

Idk about recs
Common App essay was phenomenal

Not going to Bing though, got into Cornell ILR ED!!!