Biology at Geneseo or at Oneonta-help me

<p>I'm an international student currently studying in S.Korea. I'm planning to study in the states. I just have to choose one between SUNY Geneseo and SUNY Oneonta.</p>

<p>My first choice has been SUNY Geneseo, which is the best school among SUNY Colleges. I heard that the school is really great at Biology, which I will probably focus on. The campus is so beautiful, and all the classes are taught by professors, not student assistants. The school has a lot of best qualities, I believe. I haven't yet heard their decision, however. </p>

<p>My second choice is SUNY Oneonta. Well, this school is also great with many of the best qualities. The reason I am so confused is that the director of International Education is really nice and personal. She answers all my questions as soon as possible, and wants to meet me in Korea. She is visiting Korea for recruitment. It would be good if there's anyone who cares about me personally since I have no one else to talk to there, but students at SUNY Geneseo also say that school tries to help international students a lot. </p>

<p>I've read what many students wrote about their colleges. I read that there are a lot of bars and parties in Oneonta, not in College, though. The quality of education in Oneonta will be good, but I'm sure in Geneseo it will be much better. </p>

<p>What do you think? If I decide to go to Geneseo, should I be sorry to the nice director in Oneonta? I think I've bothered the director and other Korean students in college with so many questions. Well, I think I should ask questions to get to know about school before making a decision, which means that I don't need to be sorry. What do you guys think about this?</p>

<p>I don't think you should be sorry about which school you pick.<br>
You should pick the school
that you believe will fit you the best. </p>

<p>Are you applying for the Fall? or Spring?</p>

<p>Did you already get your acceptance letters? Just wondering~</p>

<p>I'm applying for the Fall 2009. I am admitted into SUNY Oneonta with the $2,000 scholarship a year. I heard that getting an acceptance letter as an international student isn't so difficult, though I'm worried about it. Are you planning to attend SUNY Geneseo? It would be great to meet you there if you are so.</p>

<p>My daughter applied to Oneonta (EA) and Geneseo (RD) but hasn't heard yet. Maybe they admit the international students first? Anyway, I'd definitely encourage her to go to Geneseo over Oneonta; people in NY usually regard Geneseo as a more prestigious school
(I'm not sure what people outside NY think of it). Congrats and good luck!</p>

<p>Geneseo >>>> Oneonta as far as ranking/prestige are concerned.</p>

<p>What I'm actually worried about is GPA. I need to get good grades. I am an international student whose English ability couldn't be as good as native students'. I heard that in geneseo it is difficult to get good grades, but do you think that going to Geneseo is worth it?</p>

<p>I would go with where you feel most comfortable. If you feel that your english abilities will inhibit your studies at Geneseo than goto Oneonta. Its not always about prestige when picking a college. Go where you feel you will have the most success!</p>

<p>Excellent advice sean256.</p>

<p>To OP: Have you heard from Geneseo yet? Well, i've received my acceptance letter at around mid feburary and i am VERY pleased. During the waiting duration, i've done many researches, and what i have obtained from each one of them, i was quite surprised with the feedbacks of Geneseo. Geneseo being ranked as #1 top SUNY and #7 among the top 100's public universities, also known as a public ivy, if you had the opportunity to enroll, i would defintely do it in a heartbeat. Of course, you have to visit the campus yourself and feel its wonderful vibe but otherthan that, statistics has its direction. I've also been accepted to binghamton, buffalo, and stony, and being a future business major, i have already eliminted stony and buffalo off the list so im left with bing and geneseo. Its defintely a hard choice to make ,but yeah as many people tell me do so, i have to visit the campus once more for both bing and geneseo. By the way, i'm also a korean student yet diffferent from you; i'm native in english, but doesnt mean i cant speak korean, i'm still fluent *^^ Ultimately, i'm in a puzzled corner in deciding between bing and geneseo; this is seriously a life and death decision HAHA. If you have any questions send a message over.</p>