Boston College Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son just got off the waitlist Arts and Science

6 Likes

Congratulations! Did you find out via email, call or portal?

1 Like

Email first. Portal was updated when logged in.

1 Like

My son also just got off the waitlist today for Arts & Science. Received an email to check his the portal for an update.

4 Likes

Are there any other updates from anyone who applied to arts and sciences?

2 Likes

Does anyone know how many spots are available in BC for waitlisted people this year?

We’ve heard of no one yet.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I got off the waitlist at Morrissey last Wednesday and committed. They send you a text/email saying there’s a status update. So far I haven’t seen any CSOM admits off the waitlist but I know one other person who’s also gotten for the arts and sciences list in addition to myself.

2 Likes

Has anyone received any updates from admissions about the waitlist or heard of movement?

2 Likes

Are there any more updates from anyone who’s waitlisted? Plus do y’all know how many spots are left for waitlisted people?

1 Like

Omg congratulations !!! I’m so happy for you

1 Like

My daughter contacted her admission counselor and never heard back about the waitlist. Has anyone heard any updates?

I heard from a reasonably reliable source that about 60 offers went out a week to ten days ago, with a focus to bring in boys. Doesn’t mean some girls weren’t offered but the institutional directive was to try and bring in boys where possible. I also have a daughter and her AO told her the list was still active but going to be “tight”.

1 Like

I was previously enrolled at BC for C/O 2027 but was admitted off of another waitlist and accepted the spot. I just informed BC that I am no longer attending a few days ago, so there’s another spot open for another round of waitlist acceptances! Have hope, best of luck to everyone.

3 Likes

We have two BC students and we were recently on a group call where a Dean at BC spoke to parents. It was announced on the call that BC received 2,300 deposits for the class of 2027 and that they look for a class size of 2,330. So, potentially 30 spots are available for waitlist candidates.

Good insight, thanks. I guess the question is did they get 2300 deposits through the first round off waitlist or through the ED and RD rounds? Also, in trying to keep the faith I wonder how many of those 2300 deposits will attend. Meaning, there might be a few that double deposited and are waiting for other waitlists/ or to decide between two schools. I’m clearly spending far too much time thinking about this stuff!

3 Likes

It was my understanding that it was 2,300 deposits based on their ED and RD acceptances and before any waitlist activity. And I would agree that a few additional spots could become available if any of the original 2,300 students who committed to BC accept a spot at one of their waitlist schools. Good luck!

3 Likes

We were one of those families. D23 accepted at BC, we made the deposit and then she got in off the waitlist at another place further up her wish list. So, 2299 :wink:

Do you mind my asking which school?

Which school she was in at BC, that is. Thanks!

1 Like