Brockman Scholarship for Engineering and Business degree

FYI, my husband asked a rep about how many kids got this far (while waiting for interview in Dallas today). She said between 200-300 made it to the interview phase. And, that the 40 scholarships number isn’t fixed. It depends on how many kids they really like. :slight_smile:

@S18D20mom Thank you so much for getting back with me and for the good luck wishes! I am glad to hear that they were friendly and welcoming…that helps to hear that! I wonder how many students they are interviewing and if Dallas and Houston are the only regional interviews? Maybe I will find out more tomorrow. Let me know if you heard or know anything from your visit! Good luck to your DS! Very exciting, but nerve racking at the same time!

@littleTT Wow! That number is huge! I couldn’t imagine doing that many interviews. Must be exhausting!!

Did anyone ask when they will be notifying the finalists?

@S18D20mom They said March 10th would be the date of notification.

Thanks @Desav!

My son’s interview was similar in Dallas. Does anyone know where the number of 40 came from? Also, does anyone know how many students will make it to the final round in Houston?

I did call A&M about OOS tuition waiver for students receiving the Brockman scholarship. I was told that A&M will waive OOS tuition if they receive the scholarship!

@bassfish The TAMU financial aid website states “approximately 40”

https://financialaid.tamu.edu/Forms/1819SFAIDGuide.aspx

Thank you! I knew I read it somewhere, but could not remember if it was from a post somewhere or an official statement.

I am assuming interviews are almost done, my son applied and never heard from anyone.

@Tymom0502 I would assume so, especially since I believe the last few interviews will be on March 9th, as I was invited to interview on March 2nd for a March 9th interview.

@Therminator I am sure its a very competitive pool, Good Luck!!

What are the minimum requirements to keep the scholarship (GPA, etc.)?

Where are is your interview?

I am not saying he got one, but I sure hope my son didn’t miss the phone call haha!

@Tymom0502 my son was notified about his interview by email. Maybe check the junk folder.

Therminator, where is the interview on the 9th? I thought the Dallas ones were the last interviews. Does anyone know if there are any more interviews after March 9th?

@Therminator We are all dying to know where tomorrow’s interviews take place? I was under the impression that Houston and Dallas were the only sites, and then some Skype by request. Anyone else thinking since the announcement of finalists may happen on the 10th, they have already selected their finalists from Houston and Dallas and are just waiting until selecting from this last batch to tell us all at the same time?? Oh I would love to know…it’s going to be a long two days waiting. Good luck everyone!!

I have a Skype interview tomorrow the 10th and was invited on the 6th

So maybe we won’t know by the 10th. The finalists weekend is in 2 weeks…hope we know soon.