Brown RUE 2021

Hey guys, I figured I would see if there are any other 2021 RUE applicants?

1 Like

Yes, I just finished my application. I wonder how it goes this year.

I wonder why this thread is so quite this year

I was wondering the same thing. Hoping to hear some news soon.

Did anyone get an interview?

I think their website stated that they do not conduct interview for this year

This is what it says:

Interviews

In previous years, we have offered alumni interviews as a way for applicants to get to know Brown while also sharing more about themselves conversationally beyond the information provided in an application. However, as we strive to ensure that all applicants have equitable access to all components of our application process, alumni interviews will not be offered for the 2020-21 admission cycle.

I wonder what the decision date will be this year.

I can only speculate that it will be around first two weeks of May… I know they won’t make us wait till Mid-May

Edit: So glad that I wasn’t the only one waiting for RUE decisions… lol

Yeah, the thread is super dead this year. However, there are quite a few views. I couldn’t really find much information for people applying this year.

I’m curious to see if the pandemic will impact the RUE admission cycle similarly to how it impacted first year applicants. From my understanding, a lot of schools, including brown, received record numbers in terms of applicants (much to do with the test optional policy implemented this year)

Looks like Brown has released some non traditional decisions yesterday. I hope the RUE program falls in our favor.

How did you see they released non traditional decisions yesterday?

a2c and ttop25 on reddit. From what I read they released a very small batch of non-traditional decisions.

Ahhh. I haven’t found much on Reddit regarding the RUE program. That’s likely why I missed them. Hopefully our decisions are shortly behind them.

Hi everyone. Take a look at this: Anonymous financial aid gift expands RUE program - The Brown Daily Herald

Plus the veteran gift that was given can also gives us more opportunities.

Are you a veteran? That gift will certainly help a lot of veterans

Yeah, I am a vet. I was disappointed to learn that we couldn’t upload a slideshow portfolio this year.

Yeah I was disappointed too. I wonder how many vets applied this year

Still Active Duty, super excited! Decisions should come next week! Good luck everyone!