BSN colleges in Massachusetts

Hi, Does anyone have input/expereince for Endicott nursing program, thank you

I don’t, but my daughter was accepted. She is not thinking it’s at the top of her list though after the fact.

I know someone who graduated last year. Did very well and spent a semester in Spain for study abroad. Not possible in a lot of nursing programs, but Endicott makes study abroad work

Hi
While searching for Nursing undergrad schools in google found that there are some schools are requiring to take TEAS test (Test of Essential Academic Skills) ?
Can high school senior students can take this test or only can take after joining exploratory program in schools requiring these tests ? any details please share could help us .
Thanks in advance

All the colleges for which my senior daughter has applied do not require the TEAS for admittance. However, I work at a community college in MA and it is required.

1 Like

One well-reputed nursing program that can be very affordable is from University of Louisiana-Lafayette. The requirements to get in-state tuition are rather modest (2.5+ GPA and 20+ ACT/1030+ SAT) and merit scholarships can stack (so getting a larger one doesn’t eliminate the other one…they both can be used). Students with an ACT 23-27/SAT 1130-1290 with a 3.0+ GPA is the starting level for additional merit scholarships (that level is $1100/semester, or $2200/year). The higher the stats, the higher the merit scholarship, up to a full ride and being offered an on-campus job.

1 Like

My daughter got a BSN/MSN. My impression from her experience and from talking to friends in the health care business is consistent with @Taprocida’s. There is no increment in pay based upon where you went to school. Certain hospitals may tend to hire more from certain schools (Boston Children’s Hospital tended to hire from Northeastern, BC and Simmons). In general, the only reasons I can see to pay a price premium for nursing schools would be:

1. Some schools do a better job of preparing their students for the NCLEX exams, so it may be worth looking at that as a metric (i.e., what % pass on the first try).
  2. Some schools near teaching hospitals may be able to give students much more varied or advanced clinical experience (e.g., my daughter did a stint at the Cardiac ICU unit at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, which seemed like the gold standard of medical care, and got a part-time job at Spaulding Rehab Hospital) relative to being in a remote area with one general hospital.
  3. If your D wants to become a nurse practitioner, some schools have a direct admit to that program. Getting into NP school is very competitive (relative to get into nursing BSN programs) and it would be great to have the option not to have to reapply.

Other than those reasons (there may be others that I can think of), I wouldn’t pay more for private versus public programs.

My daughter is 28 and loves her work doing primary care.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Hi ,
MY daughter got some BSN nursing acceptances. we are from Boston. Please advice us what is best.
UMASS Boston- Honors - got scholarship (8k per year)
UMASS Lowell- Honors - got scholarship (4k per year)
Simmons university – NO honors - got scholarship (25k per year)
UPITT – still waiting for scholarship/Honor info
CASE – Too much price. (per year include dorm 63k per year)

Thanks in advance.

Have you looked at each campus to see where she’d feel comfortable, access to shadowing / facilities, at passing rates for licensing, at affordability?

Ultimately only you and your student can answer the question as to what’s best.

1 Like

I sent you a PM

Thank you so much for reply.