Nursing schools in Massachusetts/New Hampshire that accept transfers?

<pre><code> I'm a freshman nursing major at UMass Amherst-while the program is great here, it isn't the kind of atmosphere that I'm looking for. I'm looking to transfer for hopefully the spring semester, but I'm willing to accept that I might have to wait.
I'd like it to be either small or medium in size, and in an urban or suburban area. Access to the city is important, and I don't want a huge party school-all schools have drinking, but I don't want anything that is really known for being a party school.
Thanks in advance!
</code></pre>

<p>Since you are already in the UMass system, you may be able to transfer more easily to UMass-Boston, UMass- Dartmouth or UMass-Lowell nursing programs although I would not consider either Lowell or Dartmouth to be the big city. UMass-Boston has a very good nursing program but is more of a commuter school. Clinicals would be done at the excellent hospitals in Boston. Whereas, UMass-Amherst, being the flagship, has the stronger and longer established nursing program, but clinicals are done in Springfield, Worcester and Greenfield - a further commute. </p>

<p>If you were to transfer to a private school such as Boston College, Northeastern or Simmons then you would be in the city but your overall college tuition costs would greatly increase [assuming you are paying in state tuition at UMass]. Northeastern’s program with coop is 5 years. You mentioned schools in New Hampshire. UNH is in small town - Durham - about 15,000 people and St. Anselm’s is not in a big city either and it has grade deflating [mentioned in earlier threads]. </p>

<p>UMass - Amherst has a Nursing Residential Academic Program for 1st year nursing students. I believe it is in 2 locations - either Kennedy in Southwest or Crabtree in Northeast. If you are not already in this program it may be something to look into 2nd semester so as to help you feel a greater sense of community with other nursing majors who may be more serious students and not partying all the time. Good luck to you!</p>