Business Students: What GPA and extracurriculars did you have when you got in?

Also, how much if at all does improving gpa matter?

What are your stats, or are you just finishing your first semester at UW now?

Finishing first semester at UW, gpa this semester could be anywhere between 2.75 and 3.3. Made some bad class decisions such as taking a 300 level programming class but next semester has an better balance to raise my gpa.

Did you join any School of Business groups (Badger Business Professionals or Alpha Kappa Psi, for example?). Have you met with your pre-business advisor for suggestions on extracurriculars and classes for next semester? High school ACT/GPA? Any shadowing or mentoring opportunities through the School of Business?

Planning on joining groups and next semester when I live on campus, I didn’t get into akpsi first semester but I have some internships and work experience to put on my resume. I also met with my advisor and discussed next semester classes to increase my chances of getting in.

GPA is very important - I believe average for admitted students is usually around 3.5, and 3.5 for the 4 required pre-business courses (Calc, Psych, Econ, and the communication required one).