Buying property in Tuscaloosa?

<p>Calling out to all of you wonderful CC’ers that are so knowledgable about all things T-Town:</p>

<p>DH and I are looking at the possibility of buying real estate in T-Town. Several benefits to doing this for us.<br>
Trying to decide on what kind of property and where.
Obviously, want to spend as little as possible but want the property to be desirable to rent out for weekends and such when we are not visiting. House, condo, townhouse, etc are all options. Desire to stay close to UA campus. Does not have to be within walking distance but not too far. </p>

<p>Tell me what you think of these areas:
Condos/th’s on Hargrove believe called Harbrooke Downs?
Single family houses close to 15th and Hargrove?
17th St near Lake Ave?
University Downs condos?
Stafford Plaza condos?
Any other areas? Condo/TH complexes to consider? </p>

<p>Safety? You would allow your D and a roommate to live there? Short term rent possibility?<br>
Yes, we would hire a property manager. We don’t have a problem with having a single family home that far away either. I’d actually prefer something with yard accessibility so that we can travel with the 4-legged fur babies instead of kenneling them all of the time. </p>

<p>Thanks so much and
Roll Tide</p>

<p>I bought a condo in Ttown that I rent out for gamedays and other Bama events. it’s worked out very well for us. Some CC families have rented it from us for Bama visits and such.</p>

<p>It sounds like you’re not sure whether to use it for short-term rentals or for a student for the school year.</p>

<p>We would use it for short term rentals. If later on during her time at UA if she decides to live there with a roommate we want that as a possibility. Although, I’d prefer not to so that we could use it for our visits.</p>

<p>Hey m2ck, what do you use to rent out your condo? Do you have a property mananger, or do you use a site like Craiglist or VRBO?</p>

<p>Many people at LSU do this for their kids to live in, and then keep the property as hurricane evacuation property and gameday viewing. They never graduate at LSU, so it’s a good investment.</p>

<p>^ too funny, Montegut. Ouch.</p>

<p>^ restraining a snort whilst clutching my pearls^</p>

<p>heeheehee ;)</p>

<p>Yes, m2ck, do you use a property management group? If so, how do you like them? We would as we are too far away to manage it ourselves.</p>

<p>*Hey m2ck, what do you use to rent out your condo? Do you have a property mananger, or do you use a site like Craiglist or VRBO?
*</p>

<p>I use VRBO. My property is a featured property when you go to the Tuscaloosa listings.</p>

<p>TxNewCollegeMom…I’ll send a PM.</p>