Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

^^^^^^^
Agree, Like, Helpful, Boost, etc. :smiley:

@Gumbymom EESS is my alternate major. Does Cal Poly consider me for that if I can not be admitted into EPM?

@WizardApple My sonā€™s school switched over to common core math so there was no ā€œAlgebraā€ or ā€œGeometryā€. They had integrated math called HS Math 1, HS Math 2, etc. He was able to select ā€œHS Math 1, HS Math 2, etcā€ from the drop down menu on CAL State Apply. We were told by his high school counselor who had spoken to Admissions that he would not be penalized for not having ā€œAlgebraā€. He was accepted this morning so I guess they didnā€™t view it as him not meeting the minimum requirement. I donā€™t know if this matters but he also will have taken 5 years of Math, ending with Calc BC this year. He took HS Math 2 in 9th grade and we reported HS Math 1 he took in 8th grade.

@zoea4057, maybe. It depends on how many chose EESS as their first choice and whether or not they can fill a class with them. If not, theyā€™ll roll into considering second choices.

@zoe4057: SLO states very few applicants are considered for their alternate major. I think it really depends upon if they have they filled the spots available for each major or not. EESS has a projected 65 spots while EMP has 100 spots.

Accepted Mechanical Engineering
Csu gpa: 4.38
Sat: 1480
MCA: ~4800
In state

Okay. Thank you both for your help! @Gumbymom @eyemgh :slight_smile:

Accepted Animal Science
CSU GPA 4.2
ACT 30
MCA-4700
In State
SO Happy

are you in state as well?

@petrichorgal are in you in state as well?

@AjayEngineer yes was accepted early this morning through portal, no email.

Instate
MCA 4800+
Max CSU GPA
ACT 36 (one sitting)

Good luck!

@eyemgh What is highest possible MCA?

@ktssomomerville yes iā€™m in-state for EMP, and i still have not heard anything

@ktssomerville iā€™m also in state for EMP waiting for a decision

@sunnyschool, the algorithm caps at 5000. Itā€™s possible to go higher, much higher in fact, but they donā€™t as 5000 is exceedingly rare. For argumentā€™s sake though, if you maxed your GPA at 4.2 or better, had a 1600 SAT or 36 ACT, maxed rigor, worked 20+ hours a week in a major related job, had 21+ hours of ECs with leadership, went to a Hayden Partner School in the service area (I donā€™t even know if there is one, are a CA vet, and neither parent finished HS, and are a dependant of a staff or faculty member, your MCA would beā€¦8210. :smiley:

@eyemgh Thank you for all of your insight and guidance through this process. It looks like most decisions are out. Any insight on when waitlists will start rolling out?

@eyemgh Does precalc count as Algebra of Advanced Math?

@Ca2017senior, I havenā€™t heard any General Engineering yet, so we arenā€™t done. Waitlist should roll out shortly after.

@WizardApple, pre-calc is its own thing, after Algebra II, before Calculus. It is counted as an advanced math.

Accepted Computer Engineering
Csu gpa: ?
UW GPA: 3.9+
W GPA: 4.5+
ACT: 35
SAT Subjects tests Math II and Chemistry: 800 (both)
MCA: ?
In state
Will finish HS with 12 AP courses