Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

I called Cal Poly yesterday and was told that they are not done admitting

Thanks @Drummer1030 as itā€™s slowed down considerably and we were losing hope. Still no Child Dev As that I can see on here.

Called Cal Poly yesterday also, and was told they have not even finished reviewing applicationsā€¦ donā€™t lose hope everyone!

I calculated my MCA as a 4700 but still have not heard anything. I applied to Computer Science should I be worried?

@momamet my daughter got accepted in Wine & Vit this year with around a 4200 MCA. Have heard of others with lower MCAā€™s admitted, too. We have some friends in the major and they love it. Lots of internship and work experience available.

Anyone still waiting on Animal Science? Or are they done accepting? Getting scared yikesā€¦ lolā€¦

@jimpix: What is your MCA score? HS course rigor, hours of ECā€™s and any job related to your major adds points to your MCA score. How do your stats specifically compare to the other Poly Sci admits? You need to compare your stats to the same major.

These were the averages for the College of Liberal Arts last year: Average GPA: 4.04. Average SAT: 1355

Your stats are within range for the College.

@Brotherone, after they eliminated ED and over enrolled the following year, theyā€™e changed to avoid that. Last year they offered to very high MCAs relative to their respective majors, and then went into a holding pattern. They then released a BIG waitlist, over 6000, and spots were offered to over half of them. Just under half enrolled. They seem to be moving that direction this year. It makes it hard on applicants, but they just canā€™t over enroll. They just donā€™t have the space to put the extra students or the instructors to teach them. It makes it hard for everyone. Hang in there!

@Gumbymom I only took AP Statistics, AP psychology, AP Chemistry, AP World History, and honors math class for three years. I donā€™t know if I included any extracurricular info on my cal state app but for UC if I added up the number of hours I spent on all my extracurriculars in a span of 4 years it would be 1,908 hours.

and AP art history and AP environmental science mb forgot these two

@KapuaBear, keep your fingers crossed, but historically 4700 even has been slightly low for CS. The lowest MCA reported last year was a 4766 that got off the waitlist. Itā€™s SUPER competitive. The good news is you will probably have lots of good options if you donā€™t get into CP. Itā€™s not about where you go. Itā€™s about what you do.

where you go kinda matters lets be real

@eyemgh Do you have an idea about the MCA for Architecture? I have a 4335 and I havenā€™t gotten anything.

@aVeryHappyChild I have a 4335 and the lowest Iā€™ve seen accepted for architecture is 4470. Iā€™m hoping to get waitlisted.

anyone still waiting for communications??

lol i just got into cornell but i think im gonna get waitlisted or rejected by sloā€¦

@student5430 LOL!! Congratulations!!! That definitely softens the blow!

damn, reading these mca scores just means iā€™m definitely getting rejected. applied for cs, 4.1 gpa (screwed up sophomore year), 1500 sat, ~4473 mca score. took ap calc ab, bc, world history, us history, ap compsci a, ap phys 1 and 2, ap stats.
i think i understated my extracurricular as well, unlucky.
at this rate iā€™ll get rejected from everywhere and have to go to community collegeā€¦

My DD got accepted at 4pm yesterday. Child development
GPA 4.1
SAT 1400

Help! I did not put my 7th & 8th grade course work which included electives and even 2 years of foreign language. Iā€™m worried looking at the MCA calculator since you get points for more classes taken. My foreign language for a-g says I have 2 years even though I have gotten to French 4 honors in 10th grade. Will this affect me?