Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

@aki2020 did your girls get acceptances just now or earlier today? And congrats!

Daughter Accepted Mechanical Engineering
In State
GPA 4.0 UW/ 4.9W
SAT 1580 800Math/780 Eng
MCA approx 4839

No email. Checked portal around 5:15 today

@cacollegemom22 , Thanks for adding the time-stamp. Many people are anxiously waiting for an update on the portal.

My son got his acceptance decision for the Computer Science major

In State
Major: Computer Science
MCA: 4900
Cal GPA: 4.3
SAT: 1560
SAT II Math: 800
SAT II Physics: 790
SAT II Bio: 790
Accepted

When did your son hear? Just now?

anyone admitted for statistics major

He got an email around 5 PM today

Are these admits by declared major or are they really just sending them out in random waves?

No Child Development major acceptances yet??

I guess notifications are done for today.? I wish they would just give one date and give out all responses on that date. It’s torture!!

@Doubtfuleyes13
How do you know they are done?

Because no new admissions have been announced. I don’t know, I’m speculating. I’m assuming that they would roll out since the time they started, not stop and refill out.

Someone said that they though they would be posting another round at 9:00 p.m. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Resume to roll out, hate autocorrect

Heard around 5:40pm today!

Accepted
Major: Software Engineering
MCA:4898
ACT Composite: 34
CSU GPA: 4.33, Unweighted 4.0
Instate, SoCal

Son got accepted in Econ via portal no email
at 5:00pm
GPA 4.6W
ACT 30
In State Northcal

Good luck everyone!

Accepted!
Business Administration
3.92 UW
1340 SAT
OOS (WA)

Question - anybody have any room recommendations at the Madonna? I’ve seen it “recommended” here before (is that a joke or serious?). It will be me and my daughter so obviously something with two doubles or greater. Looks half ridiculous/half fun. Any comments or feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Beyond that, I’ll take any other recommendations - Last time I was out I though the Avila Lighthouse Suites looked great but that was dead of summer and fully booked (Big Sur was on fire and our camping thoughts went out the window and we were scrambling for accommodations).

Accepted!
Civil Engineering
3.8 UW
31 ACT
Checked portal around 8 pm because I had no idea decisions were released for some.
Hope this helps as it definitely helped me while applying to colleges :slight_smile:

@start6829 - when you request to join the parent FB page, there are 3 screening questions to help the page admins verify your Cal Poly connection. If you don’t answer those, they’ll decline you because they can’t tell whether you’re legit or not. Nothing has been pending for 2 weeks, so if you haven’t heard by now, request to join again and just be sure to answer the screening questions that pop up.