Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

I am pretty sure that they don’t send out acceptance letters.

Neither of my kids ever got a nice “Signed with a Seal” acceptance letter to Cal Poly. They might be available, but they never pursued it. The acceptance packet my daughter got from Ole Miss was really nice, but none of the CSU’s did anything special. Maybe it’s a not a Cal State University kind of thing.

I agree! While I can’t speak about CSU Cal Poly in particular since my son is still on the waitlist, I can speak about our CSU nursing program. We give out acceptance letters. The UCs give out acceptance letters as well (at least this has been our experience with UC San Diego and UC Davis).

I wonder if anyone on the waitlist heard anything so far.
Thank you and good luck to us all ?

Just sending good thoughts for SLO your way. Have a special place in my heart for UF but granddaughter chose CP SLO over the gators. Florida is a long way from home…??

Still on the waitlist. Mech Engineering.

Thank you so much?
Yes, it is very far away from home especially in this uncertain and challenging times. UF was his second choice.

Thank you for your response. Sending my prayers for you and all ?

Still on the waitlist for Civil Engineering any other transfers get off yet?

Incoming frosh just found her AP scores on her SLO portal. Happy girl!

@gatormaam Hi! Did she submit her ap scores before-hand via collegeboard? Congrats!

Yes–the AP scores have been loaded into the Cal Poly portals! College Board must have already sent them to colleges.

Go to the Student Center, click on My Academics and then View My Transfer Credits.

First good news we’ve gotten in 2020! And she thought she had bombed bio!

@bethiew Yes she listed cal poly as her ‘free’ send.

Congratulations ?

Does anyone know whether I should take Math 143 Honors or regular Math 143? The class seems difficult but beneficial.

Are you required to take Math 143 Honors?

You might want to ask on the Cal Poly subreddit or one of the Cal Poly Facebook groups since those groups are frequented by current students versus future students.

Check your portals. If you got something like this, you weren’t selected for admission from the waitlist.
“Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider your application. We regret that we are unable to offer you admission. For additional options for students who were not selected visit: https://www.calpoly.edu/admissions/not-selected

I got the same message above… Essentially, rejected (Computer Science)

My son received the same message (mechanical engineering).

Did anyone get accepted today?