Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I’d add a yield explanation. When I first glanced I thought wow the acceptance rate is super low. But I think Slo’s yield in in the 20% range so the acceptance rate is much higher.

I thought I saw @Gumbymom say that the yield was about 33% but I am not positive.

2020-2021 yield was 24%. (Covid)
2019-2020 yield was 30%.
2018-2019 yield was 27%.

1 Like

I bet it really varies across majors. They have some majors that are not available in many other places in CA, or even elsewhere. Those majors probably have a higher yield than then ones where kids broadly apply to the UCs etc.

Can you link the reddit?

2 Likes

I wish I could but you can’t link Reddit on CC

What reason did you write about in your Appeal?

1 Like

Wow, why not?

When calculating the acceptance rate based on the target projections, I just used a 33% yield. I never said the yield was 33% and it will vary by major.

Your post was in the stats only discussion so I had to move it but here is the reason for the appeal which I also moved to the discussion thread.

I had quite a bit of health issues during my first semester of junior year which caused a dip in my grades for that semester. In my appeal I explained that and how my health issues have been something I have been working on and will not pose an issue if I were to attend Cal Poly. I also talked about how I used that grade dip as a motivation to push myself for the rest of that year to fulfill a leadership role in an extracurricular and to get all 5’s and 4’s on my AP tests. The last thing I talked about is how Cal Poly has been my top school for 4 years and I would very likely attend if i were admitted.
I was not expecting to hear back from them by today… on the website I believe it said appeals took around 3 weeks. No email or anything yet, I just happened to check my portal.

1 Like

I’m not but this is what it says in CC FAQs

“Please do not post links to other discussion forums, blogs, personal sites, photos, videos, or other non-authoritative sources. This includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and similar sites/apps. In order to fulfill our mission of being the best college discussion forum, we want important topics to be discussed here at College Confidential. Linking to discussions elsewhere defeats this purpose. Links to non-authoritative sites like blogs, personal sites, etc., can’t be researched for validity on an individual basis and hence are not allowed. All such links will be removed. “

I was accepted off the waitlist last night around 6 pm for Anthropology

4 Likes

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on Cal Poly vs UC Davis (sorry if this is the wrong place to ask). Would be majoring in Anthropology but probably want to change my major.

1 Like

If you want lots of eyeballs, then I’d start a separate thread like specified here:

Both great schools, UC Davis a national university with research opportunities versus SLO, a regional university, not as well-known in other parts of the US. SLO is undergraduate focused with 21,000 undergraduates. Davis has about 30,000-31,000 undergrads plus around 9,000 graduate students or 40,000 total students. SLO is a bit cheaper cost-wise ($6,000/year ish) too. One is inland, one is on the coast.

3 Likes

delete

My boys considered Davis but picked SLO. They like the coastal location, “Learn by Doing”, smaller classes taught by professors, and one of them wants the graphic communications major which is not offered at Davis. I like the price. My husband liked Davis because he is UC partial as an alum and the fact that it is only an hour from the Bay Area.

1 Like

Did you get an email or did you check your Cal Poly portal?

Thank you for all the info. My daughter just got accepted to CalPoly SLO for Psych off the Waitlist! Cannot believe it!

3 Likes

Was she notified last Thursday? Congratulations

Thank you so much for this info! My daughter just got in off the waitlist for Psych- I could not believe it! We are so happy and she is committing to the school today. Thanks for the facebook group info!

4 Likes