Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Does anyone know what is a passing score on the MAPE and if it is really difficult?

For high school class of 2022 and beyond, there is a new post on the admissions youtube about first year selection criteria. There were a few items that were interesting First Year Selection Criteria - YouTube

They confirm that you get extra admission points for rigor in the a-g subjects, as we here all mostly know from the MCA calculator discussions. The number of extra semesters for points line up with the MCA calculators out there.
(first number is minimum, you get bonus points for extra semesters up to the maximum)
English (min 8, max 10)
Math (6,10)
LOTE Language other than English (4,8)
Lab Science (4,8)
Social Science (4,4)
VPA Visual Performing Arts (2,4)
Elective (2,2)
They mentioned each subject maxes out but they did not mention an overall max (like the current MCA calculation)
1 college semester counts for 2 semesters in these points.

One thing that was mentioned that I hadnā€™t heard before is that you get credit for skipping a year of math or LOTE even if you did not take the class. So if you start in Spanish 2, even if you didnā€™t take Spanish 1, you still put Spanish 1 in 8th grade as a ā€˜passā€™ and you get credit for it. Same with math, if you skip freshman-level math, put it as an 8th-grade course even if you didnā€™t take it. I knew you got credit if you actually took it in junior high but I didnā€™t remember anything about entering it even if you didnā€™t take the course.

1 Like

Thatā€™s new and important news. I wonder if they make that clear on the application and how the grade for that class is handled?

1 Like

The junior high grades never mattered, they donā€™t count for gpa just for rigor. She made it sound like you just enter it as ā€˜passā€™ on the application rather than a grade.

3 Likes

Waitlist movement seems to be non existent everywhere. Probably here too. Just a matter of time I guess.

Both UCSD and UCSB closed their WLs. Heard people getting only rejections. Just a matter of time I guess.

Same for UCD

Anyone think there will be more people taken off the waitlist?

Highly unlikely.

1 Like

By any chance has anyone heard from Cal Poly?

Today is the last day for waitlists right?

Thatā€™s what their website says but at this point who knows

deleted

1 Like

My son was accepted tonight off the waitlist for Construction Management. There is not an accept or decline option for him to choose. Does anyone know how he accepts his offer?

1 Like

It may take 24 hours before the accept/decline button is activated. Congratulations to him.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026