Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Wth! Is he a freshman?!?!? Man he must have a good gpa! Congrats!

The email that my son got went to his spam. I know it’s repeated often on CC to check your spam, but indeed, check the spam folder!

@TLZT Yes, there is hope! My daughter was waitlisted by CPP and she thought her chances of getting into SLO were non-existent. However, she checked her portal yesterday and she was accepted. Crazy! Right? So hopefully your son will get some good news soon.

When was she notified that she was waitlisted?

I still. have not seen a portal update or email- does this mean it’s a rejection?

What was her major?

More decisions will be coming in the next few weeks. No news is just no news.

3 Likes

Hopefully more acceptances and not just decisions?

4 Likes

@Gumbymom - Do you recall the frequency of the notifications in years’ past? Once a week, twice a week? No pattern?

This year appears to be a lot earlier and not the traditional by college and alphabetical too - so perhaps some thinking by college then unweighted GPA? = speculations! :wink:

Yeah, so hard to know the ‘pattern’ they are following! We are in state. My son applied for Business Administration. No reply yet. He has 4.0 unweighted, 4.25 capped weighted (max that he could get with all A’s and capped APs). He has 10 semesters math + high # of other A-G that they look at. He had 20 hours/week EC with leadership (not work experience). 10 AP classes (5 of them senior year). Not sure if I’ve seen many Biz school posts yet so who knows. His classmate got in for Mechanical Eng with similar stats to my son (obviously cannot compare since it’s a completely different school/major). My son did get a December acceptance to SDSU so that would be his backup plan if UCs and CPSlo don’t happen. I have seen a lot of responses here for Engineering, Ag, and Sciences. Just hoping to hear something. Husband is an alumni and had an AMAZING experience there!

It’s just my theory: I think that most of the schools will be reporting in March, and that starts on Monday. I think the early notifications are simply a test of the computer systems that will be used to complete the bulk of the notifications. That they come out early and suddenly stop is a sign of that test. Anyway, the fun is going to start next week and run through the month, depending on how many schools you have applied to.

2 Likes

My son has very similar stats and got in for Business I think your son has a great chance. Hope he is in the next wave!

1 Like

My son has very similar stats and also applied to Business and hasn’t heard back either. He was also accepted early to SDSU back in December. Difficult to understand why a student wouldn’t be accepted into Business with a 4.0 UW GPA when many engineering acceptances had lower GPAs.

1 Like

He got into SDSU in Dec as well

I would say within the last few years, no pattern other than they usually start with OOS admits, then In-state admits followed by Waitlist and then Rejections. How many waves for the admits is hard to say, usually 1 large and then at least 1 small wave usually with a week or two of the large. Every year has been different so unfortunately all applicants that have not heard, need to be patient and not jump to any conclusions. Sorry I cannot be any more help.

4 Likes

My friend had similar stats- but not quite as good. Also, pretty much no extracurricular since Freshman year. He was accepted to Business on the first wave. With your son’s stats, he should be accepted for sure! Maybe it really is randomly computer generated like someone above said the admissions staff told them. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern at this point.

2 Likes

You’ve been absolutely amazing with all your advice and insight! Thank you!!

5 Likes

From your experience on this thread, would you say this last wave was large? So many kids have not heard anything with high stats or just in general in my area.

1 Like

I looked at last year, Class of 2024.

Acceptances came out on Tuesday 3/3/2020. I was whizzing through, but I did note at least one additional acceptance on Friday 3/6 in the evening.

Waitlist decisions arrived on Wednesday 3/11/2020.

1 Like

It appeared that Monday was the wave for OOS. Are you saying there will be more for OOS acceptances?