Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

in state

My high stats son was waitlisted in 2018 for CS and then accepted the next day. It seemed strange, almost as if they wanted to know cal poly wasn’t just your safety by accepting your spot on waitlist. Could be wrong, but the one day turnaround was odd.

4 Likes

I got my waitlist email, so I guess we wait lol

We don’t see anywhere to accept your waitlist spot, only a place to decline.

Yea mine doesnt say to accept my spot either, which is odd because my CSULB waitlist email said to accept or decline

@startsummer: The chances of being admitted from the waitlist are dependent upon how many students enroll by May 1. 2020 for your major. If there are spots open prior to May 1, they will start taking students off the waitlist. There is no way to predict based on the numbers for the last few years.

2020 Waitlist stats not available.
2019: 67 admitted from the waitlist
2018: 2436 admitted from the waitlist
2017: 15 admitted from the waitlist

1 Like

Is that university wide, across all majors?

Me too, I’m confused. Is there no way to accept/show our interest?

@TLZT: Yes, that is University wide for all majors. I have not found any data for waitlist admits by major.

TY. Good luck to you!

What the heck happened in 2018??? It’s so massively an outlier!

3 Likes

My daughter is from the 2018 class & my opinion is that it was the year after they stopped early applications and were off on their predictions and they enrolled too many students. So 2018 they lowered acceptances and had a lot of waitlist students to manage the enrollment numbers.

2017 was the first year that SLO did not offer Early decision for Freshman applicants and they overshot their enrollment target with about 1000 students. Since they were over enrolled in 2017, they waitlisted many students for 2018 to better manage their enrollment target that year.

2 Likes

Son just got waitlist email a few minutes ago

2 Likes

Should I be worried if they still have not made a determination on my application?

4 Likes

Son waitlisted for Mechanical Engineering. Drat. Though my friend’s son got in off the waitlist last year for ME just before he committed elsewhere, so we’ll see.

2 Likes

Waitlisted today for architectural engineering

1 Like

Hum

1 Like

There doesn’t appear to be any option to opt in to the waitlist. Only an option to be removed?

1 Like

Those stats are pretty typical across the board for most Engineering majors that have a shot at many schools.

Your son’s friend should not expect too much for his chances for Engineering at Cal, UCLA and Princeton if he didn’t get into SLO for Engineering.

1 Like