Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

Been lurking here for the past weeks anxiously waiting, but accepted for GrC! It’s also my dream school!

3.65 GPA

any econ majors hear back?

@condor2018 how did you get the .1 gpa boost?

Accepted!! English major with a 3.6 GPA

I’m out eating with my friends and started crying my eyes out when I saw my email

Nutrition major here. I’m so happy for those who got accepted, but kind of bummed out I haven’t heard anything yet. :frowning:

Accepted!!
Major: History
Current College: College of the Canyons
IGETC: Will be done by Spring 2018
Major Prep: All done except a foreign language class
GPA: 3.7
In-State, Out-of-State: In state, LA area

@uctransferhopeful you get a .1 boost if you are a transfer in state. I think you might need the AA-T for it

@pandac379 when did you find out? I’m still waiting

Got the email and I love how it says “Congratulations! The news you’ve been waiting for!” …and waiting, and waiting hahaha

Sorry it was 3.5

Wouldn’t be surprised if I missed the decision email with the amount of notifications I’ve been getting from College Confidential for the past few days

ACCEPTED!!! Soooooo excited, it’s my dream school!

Major: liberal studies
GPA: 3.73
Current college: Fullerton College
IGETC: done
Golden Four: Done, A A A B
Major prep: last two in progress
In-state/out of state: in state, OC area

Congratulations to everyone, I will see you all at Cal Poly!
:x

Still no business decisions?

@uctransferhopeful I’m not exactly sure it’s a .1 boost if you’re instate. You need an associate’s degree for transfer AND it has to be accepted at Cal Poly for the specific major. For example, I have an AA-T for Business but they don’t accept the boost. It varies depending on your major

Nothing for me Business.

I got my Long Beach decision at 11pm when they started to roll out, so anything can happen.

Guys im stuck between SDSU (marketing) and UCSB (Econ and Accounting)
-anyone have any thoughts of what i should do?

UCSB Econ is notoriously difficult for transfers – you need a B or higher in the pre-major classes, but only 30% of the class is allowed to get higher than a B grade.

Accepted

Major: City and Regional planning
GPA: 3.41
In-state CCC student
IGETC: done+golden 4
Support courses: done
Major courses: 0
Major related courses: 0
AA-T: nope

Kinda surprised I got in I applied on a whim because I happened to have the support courses done. I just need to decide the between slo and pomona and the other schools I applied to.

Business Admin, still waiting :/. Best of luck everyone!

Accepted to biochem!!!
Supplemental GPA: 3.6
IGETC: done
Major prep: all but two which are in progress
I’m so so excited!