Cal poly slo fall 2019 transfer thread

I just logged into my portal and found out I was denied this morning :(.

This is what it says on my application status: Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider your application for admission to Cal Poly. We regret we are unable to offer you admission due to the extremely limited number of openings available.

So basically they only took locals and High GPA folks this time around is why I didn’t get in? I think?

Anyways, good luck to the rest of y’all and congrats on getting in. I’ll be bowing out of this thread. May all of you have a wonderful experience at CPSLO now and in the future.

Rejection as well. Good luck everyone !

I see that a lot of acceptances/rejections have been coming out today and I check and mine still says pending. I go to Cuesta College and just wondering if anyone is in the same boat!

3.9 at CC rejected from Business admin…

@Simplistic I’m still waiting for my decision as well. Kinda nerve wracking since some of my classmate got accepted, while few of us still waiting.

3.49, ME, rejected

Comm major here and was waitlisted 2 weeks ago (new to this forum). Have you heard back? I have 3.78 GPA which I know is a little low, I’m nervous

@ib5199 Comm major here and was waitlisted 2 weeks ago (new to this forum). Have you heard back? I have 3.78 GPA which I know is a little low, I’m nervous

@neilsola this is late but I’m a 4.0 CC student for business admin and got waitlisted. It makes no sense

@JakeRice40 yeah I don’t care about slo bc I got into Uc Irvine for business admin

@neilsola I’m wiggin out because I’m still on the WL for SLO and got rejected to Haas. I only have UCLA and UCSD left. I have nowhere to go if I don’t get in anywhere

@JakeRice40 why didn’t you apply to Uc Irvine?

@neilsola I’m not sure, I visited it and really did not like it. I regret not applying to more places now. I was mistaken thinking Cal Poly could be my safety school.

What do you guys think about cal poly engineering vs UCSD Engineering? I don’t know which I would pick if I get into UCSD.

@Navea13 Cal Poly 10000% imo! They are more hands-on (UCs are more theory-based), have a bigger reputation for engineering and compsci, and great job placement.