Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

I have but he keeps thinking there will be more waitlists. But highly doubt that.

I heard they had “rolling” admissions? Does not seem like it.

5 Likes

I hope the mods remove your comment because it is really rude and insulting.

7 Likes

Looks like acceptance only out on Fridays

They have rolling waves of decisions, no admissions since the first wave.

3 Likes

So on a Friday it could be a waitlist, admission or rejection? Nothing for the rest of the week?

1 Like

They never have given a specific date but based on historical data/timelines, I would say most likely only denials and probably Friday but it could be sooner.

2 Likes

We are on the same boat. We are going to OOS admitted students day and I bet we will see a bunch of Cal kids because of the massive WL uncertainties.

2 Likes

Thank you.

My daughter was accepted in Graphic Design last year. Her acceptance came about 3 weeks after the big admittance (about a month after her portfolio was due).
Good Luck!

4 Likes

Portfolio and Audition based majors are usually on a different timeline, so yes there could be more acceptances for these type of majors coming.

5 Likes

So one of your accounts is pro-Poly and one thinks it’s terribly run?

Had the same thing happen here - 4.0 UC GPA and directly applied to CS at UCD, UCI, UCSC, UCLA, CPP, UCLA, SLO, etc. Results so far - accepted at UCSC and waitlisted at CPP. Waiting on UCSB, CSULB, SLO and UCB. Rejected at the rest. Tough year for college applications! (especially for CS). Probably headed to UCSC is my guess

2 Likes

No, it isn’t.

congratulations!

For what it’s worth, my student’s GPA wasn’t in that range (although I have to admit I haven’t seen anyone else get accepted with an unweighted or CP SLO capped GPA as low as his was).

2 Likes

Yes it is possible they could notify some waitlisted students prior to May 1. Once the all the UC decisions and the top OOS schools post their decisions at the end of March/Early April, there could be movement.

2 Likes

My son is still waiting. Psychology major. We keep refreshing all day and still nothing. I hope that doesn’t mean bad news. He really wants to go here or to UCSB (tomorrow! :crossed_fingers:). This process is so nerve racking, I’m like a bundle of anxiety these days

7 Likes

Vanessa - curious because my son was very much considering viniculture at one point but what kind of stats did your student have for GPA?

My daughter goes to University of Utah and they have a good computer science program. She is doing an emphasis in Games with this degree. You go in pre-CS, but a 3.5 in major classes after first year will guarantee you admission into the CS Major. Good luck!

3 Likes