Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Via email?

1 Like

Was it an acceptance notification?

2 Likes

Still waiting. Anyone know if it will be an email or portal update?

Spoke to the Honors office today. They said that it will be an email update. However, they could not confirm if all the decisions went out this weekend or not. They mentioned that they had a call into the Admissions Office to see if all decisions were sent or not and have not heard back so they couldnā€™t give me a status. They confirmed that the plan was to send out this weekend.

Check your spam email and I would assume that if you didnā€™t get any email on a decision then either tonight or tomorrow.

3 Likes

Has anyone gotten anything?

I spoke to both the Admissions Office and Honors Office yesterday. Bottom-line, decisions were suppose to go out this past weekend. The Admission Office sent a few and then ran into a technical glitch. They are working on resolving the issue and said in the next 24-48 hours, all decisions will be sent via email.

So they asked for patience and honors applicants will hear shortly.

1 Like

Great point, but will still mention that S2 has declined his spot in CompE at SLO last night. Some hope is better than none at all.

I received honors program email acceptance this morning.

4 Likes

Help! We are in a panic today. My son waited until the last minute to decide but when we went to the portal this morning to accept , it says his application was withdrawn by Cal Poly. I double checked that he had till midnight tonight to decide, did anybody else get this message?

I tried to reach out To Cal poly but no response and the Admissionā€™s doesnā€™t open until noon tomorrow. What should we do??

I hope it works out!

It might be a good idea to accept an offer to another school today as a back up plan until your son can speak to admissions at Cal Poly tomorrow. Good luck!!!

1 Like

I heard from another parent that they saw this too. Hopefully itā€™s a computer glitch!

I just looked on Cal poly admissions Instagram page and their recent post says to submit intent to enroll before today. I do think a lot of us thought deadline was by end of day on May 1 so hopefully it all works out. But if he does have another college option that will still allow him to enroll today, I would definitely do it as a back up just in case. Even if that means losing the deposit money if it works out with Cal Poly.

Although they also have this. The graphic looks like you should be able to do it by 11:59 on May 1st, but text says before. I think there will be a lot of confusion so there should be understanding.

Yeah. It seems pretty clear that they have until 11:59 on May 1. Seems like posts should be exact on language, but numbers donā€™t lie.

2 Likes

@Tina1235 I had that same glitch and itā€™s now fixed!!

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the heads up!

Yes!!! After four or five emails, a few calls, and several texts, they responded by text. They said it was a technical issue that they just fixed. After refreshing his portal, he was able accept his offer for computer engineering! What a relief!!

GO MUSTANGS!!

Thanks for all of the support!

16 Likes

Is anyone able to speak to how much movement typically happens for the Honors waitlist? The CalPoly honors page seems to suggest that there is still a ā€œreasonable chanceā€ of having a space open up (generally by mid-May), but I am wondering how to interpret that. Thanks for any thoughts on this!

3 Likes

Any update? Did the waitlist move as you expected?