Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Congratulations
Good upward trajectory in grades. Colleges like that

Hi Gumbymkm, just curious which degrees offer 90% accept. Here is the profile data they publish.

We recently broached this topic already in another thread.

As @sushiritto pointed out that there are some majors based on the # of applicants vs. # of spots available, that they could be easier admits. The missing piece is how many are actually accepted since yield by major will also determine how many students are admitted vs. how many actually enroll. The majority of higher acceptance admits are found the College of Agriculture and Environmental Science. Since SLO admits by major, you will see a huge variation in admit rates vs. a school that does not admit by major.

Agreed. I did some basic calc on this for the engineering majors using the data from the planning documents published by CalPoly. If we assume a uniform yield of 30%, the admit rates came to around 12% for CS and some of the other COE majors like IEOR appeared to have >50% admit rates.

Does HS AP Stats count as a math?

Yes, AP Stats does count as Math.

Yes sure does

Has anyone who applied for an art/design major received a request for a portfolio yet? My understanding is the requests go out in January but nothing for my daughter as of yet.

@BongoNinja Same, I received my acceptance Jan 7 for Architecture as my major

1 Like

Is it more difficult to get accepted if you are OOS?

I am OOS, and got in!!! hang in there!

OOS applicants are in a different application pool than in-state. There are fewer OOS applicants so less competition plus all are full pay so there is an incentive to admit a certain percentage of OOS students each year.

2 Likes

Are you OOS or International? OOS applicants have not heard this early in past years, so just curious.

I am an US citizen living abroad, so technically an OOS

OK, that makes sense. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Gumbymom, how do they factor athletes?

Are you being recruited? If so, then that is between you, the coach and admissions.

Yes, my son’s request for Portfolio came in on Wednesday of this past week 1/26.

1 Like

At what point does SLO send out rejections? Based on the historic results threads, all I see is acceptances in the beginning. Then waitlist comments start a month or so later. With far fewer people posting rejections, it’s hard to figure out when students start to get rejections.

1 Like