Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

SLO has a very long and drawn out acceptance process. They notify admits then waitlist then rejections. The rejections are several weeks after the first admits (usually international then OOS).

You are probably seeing fewer people post about rejections because by the time they aren’t admitted and then aren’t offered a space on the waitlist, they have likely moved on.

2 Likes

That’s typically how it works with SLO. Acceptance wave, waitlist wave and then rejection wave in that order each spaced a few weeks apart.

When do in state admits start rolling?

1 Like

I believe my D was accepted 2/23/2021 last cycle in the initial wave.

Edit: accepted date was 2/23/2021.

2 Likes

I guess mid Feb but the champions can confirm

1 Like

I edited my post above. My D’s accepted date was 2/23/2021. Initially I was looking at something from the FB parents page.

But I went back and looked at my actual posting date of my D’s acceptance here on CC. Apologies.

3 Likes

@ucscuuw: Last year, OOS admits started February 22 followed by in-state on February 23. SLO’s admission decisions are a long drawn out process so be prepared.

5 Likes

My friend was rejected about a week ago :l

1 Like

An International student or US Citizen studying abroad like you?

2 Likes

Based on past history, I’m targeting in-state acceptances beginning to dribble out mid-afternoon on either Tuesday 2/22 or Tuesday 3/1.

I know someone who received an acceptance letter last week. In state but not local area. Has your daughter heard anything yet?

I know someone who received an acceptance letter last week. In state but not local area.

Athlete?

My daughter is a prospective music major and has her in-person audition on 02/26. So, I would be surprised is they start releasing in-state decisions that week or earlier. Maybe the following week. They seem to be a bit behind this year as the in-person auditions were originally scheduled for late January, not late February.

1 Like

Thank you for the info.

And can I just say…
AAAaaaagggghhhhh!!

3 Likes

Is anyone a Cal Poly Scholar?

For those that like to plan in advance, SLO will have their admitted students open house on April 7-9th this year.

https://orientation.calpoly.edu/oh2019

UCSB, UCR, UCLA and UCD will also have their open houses on April 9th.

6 Likes

No, art.

1 Like

Ha! I’ve already got a hotel room. I’m just hoping we have good news by then.

2 Likes

I believe she qualifies as international

2 Likes