Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Her backup is University of Nevada Reno. Not the same engineering program for sure, but a solid one at a school that is reasonably priced and less than four hours from home. Lots of amenities, room and board at around $13k and WUE tuition. She got better offers elsewhere but didn’t want to go too far away. Priority housing application was due 2/1 I think, and the $300 deposit is fully refundable until 6/15. Applying for housing by the priority date allowed her to get in to the Engineering LLC.
She really likes UNR and I know she would do well there, but her heart has always been at SLO and I hadn’t seen the ear to ear grin she wore the whole day we toured Cal Poly since before Covid. I’m just hoping it works out and we hear soon. She has the stats but it’s anyones guess anymore.

4 Likes

Hoping we’ll all find out next week, sigh.

I believe SLO does not charge a fee to hold an acceptance, so there is no reason not to accept right away, unless there is some other factor I’m not considering?

All schools have an enrollment deposit which is non-refundable unless you have a waiver however, in the past SLO has not required a deposit to enroll but a large deposit for housing.

2 Likes

I believe someone was accepted into SLO. They reside in California, but not sure if freshmen or transfer. It’s on ZeeMee and you have to show your acceptance letter to them to be featured in the spotlight.

My daughter too! UNR engineering honors college is her back up too. I could have copied and pasted your whole post as my own as we are anxiously awaiting word from SLO. Good luck to your daughter! Who knows, maybe they will cross paths some day at one school or the other. I agree that UNR is a solid back up and value. Lots of great resources there and nice and close to Tahoe as well.

1 Like

Is there any chance decisions could come out today?

My spider sense is not tingling today. So no.
:sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Which engineering major is your daughter applying to?

Good question. I can’t keep track of all these schools. I think for UNR she is engineering undecided. For Calpoly she applied to Math (CSM).

There are about 6 students who committed to SLO on ZeeMee. The most recent one posted 2 days ago… the others mid February. All from California.:face_with_monocle:! So confused

Did they indicate which major? I saw something about business majors, and then the CA state FFA officers that were admitted and accepted, but nothing else. This is the difficult part about the denials being last, unless you know someone who got accepted you don’t really know when they are releasing decisions until you just wonder long enough to find out you have been rejected :frowning:

1 Like

I suspect, as you state, those are targeted admissions. I do not think there have been any significant quantity of decisions sent for SLO, as I’d expect the general ZeeMee SLO chat to light up. At least that is what has happened on other ZeeMee chats. Hopeful thinking? maybe, but going with it.

2 Likes

Yes, different majors… it’s just odd because there never seemed to be a wave like I’ve seen in previous years since I began paying attention back in 2015! It doesn’t make sense that no one from my son’s HS graduating class of 500 have heard a thing either.

If admits had gone out the Cal Poly parent Facebook page would be getting requests to join and that hasn’t happened yet. Someone inquired there yesterday and an admin stated they haven’t had a wave of requests yet so the bulk of admits are still to come.

5 Likes

Definitely agree!

I’ve clicked on the profiles of the accepted students on ZEEMEE and they say class of 2024. Have you drilled down on the accepted students you have seen? I don’t think there have been any for this year 2026 yet based on what I have seen.

2 Likes

@Rawbzone
The first one says class of 2024…the following 7 say Class of 2026…these are under “Featured Students” who apparently have to submit proof that they’ve been accepted.

3 Likes

My bad. I see it. Wierd that it’s so few accepted.

These were Business majors?

2 Likes