Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Is Cal Poly still accepting or are they done with acceptances? I got accepted to SDSU for Mechanical engineering with a 3.7UW/4.2W.

5 Likes

Man I applied to CS

trying to stay positive lol

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob: i really want me get into this college bro

2 Likes

I just realized my D applied as a psychology major which is one of the most difficult to get into. She had no idea and has no idea what she wants to major in. She did put philosophy as the alternate major. @GumbyMom any idea if they look to the alternate major if the first listed is not available?

1 Like

SLO does not state how they determine which applicants will be considered for their alternate major.

This is what the website states:

Alternate Majors

As a first-year applicant, you are encouraged to enter an alternate major on the application. If you are not selected to your first choice major, you may be considered in your alternate major if space is available.

Has anyone been accepted to aerospace engineering?

Seems like arbitrarily picking psychology may have cost her! Oh well, she didnā€™t know a thing about SLO at time of app hence the lack of research on the issue ā€¦

My daughter did the same thing! We had no idea how competitive the major was and she would have been happy with other options had we done our homework.

2 Likes

Have we seen any liberal studies majors getting accepted? I havenā€™t seen those yet?

Iā€™m just having a hard time believing all the acceptances came out yesterday. I seriously think thereā€™s another wave coming. Iā€™ve been on here since 2015 and Iā€™ve NEVER seen all acceptances Instate and OOS roll out in a day. This is such a strange year. Good luck everyone. Fingers crossed that we see another wave soon.

12 Likes

My son was accepted and has only taken 2 APā€™s, both during his senior year. All other classes were at Honors level. Biological Sciences Major OOS-NJ.

My understanding is that acceptances came late this year because they had to wait to finalize the fee increase for entering students. That happened a few days ago. I think yesterday was the big acceptance wave which included both in state and OOS but more will trickle out as they did last year. Just my opinion.

1 Like

My daughter is still anxiously awaiting to hear back. She applied under Parks and Rec with a 4.05. She just got into SDSU today and Long Beach last week.
My son is a junior civil engineering major at CP and I remember how competitive it was to get in. I checked and his response came in on March 23rd which was a full week after other CE kids got in (he had a 4.67). I know A LOT kids personally who got in off the wait list. CP SLO is an amazing school and worth the wait. Good luck everyone!

11 Likes

My daughter was accepted to Liberal Studies yesterday. In-state. Local. GPA 4.3
I would have hope though! I have a feeling acceptances arenā€™t done. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks!! Congratulations to your daughter!!

1 Like

Still waiting! :frowning:
Thank you for applying to Cal Poly. We have received your application. No determination has been made at this time.

5 Likes

Anyone unable to click on the ā€œapplication statusā€ button now? It was working a few hours ago but now doesnā€™t work (on my end)

Community college while in high school - my daughter had many more years on paper than 4 years

Okay so has anyone heard back TODAY that hadnā€™t heard back yesterday? I donā€™t want to lose hope haha

1 Like