Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

thanks gumbymom … did they release acceptances in waves last year?

Is anybody admitted with the first name initial J?

Yes

1 Like

If you get an e-mail too, can you look at the time difference between portal posting and e-mail receipt and let us know?

1 Like

We are S and have heard. Who knows how they’re rolling out…Hang in there and best of luck!

2 Likes

Did their decisions just post? I thought earlier you said nothing yet. Just trying to decide if I should bug my son to keep checking.

2 Likes

Here is the timeline from last year:
Cal Poly SLO admit wave started on March 10, 2022 with a mixture of OOS and In-state applicants. Waitlist decisions posted March 18, 2022 along with a few acceptances. Admits for students requiring a portfolio review trickled out on March 24, 2022. Denials were posted on March 30, 2022.

2 Likes

so no acceptances past the 18th(NON PORT)

1 Like

I see - 4 hours - thanks @Gumbymom

1 Like

Ditto!

2 Likes

Portfolio based majors were admitted March 24th but usually after the waitlist decisions, you can expect no more admits. Again, this varies slightly each year but that is the usual pattern.

1 Like

Looks like two sets of twins here. Mine have not heard yet. Looks like Twins 2023 heard.

1 Like

We are P and haven’t heard. Will wait till 18th to see if on waitlist

1 Like

Son got in for Computer Science. His last name starts with M.

2 Likes

Make it 3. Mine haven’t heard yet. :grinning:

1 Like

DD Admitted!
Accepted, in state
Biomedical Engineering
UW GPA 3.9/ W GPA 4.3
11 AP Classes, 1 honors
Good ECs
Last name starts with “C”

3 Likes

Is there anyway for someone to share the last/latest time stamp so we can confirm it is or isn’t coming out in waves?

6 Likes

Praying they all get in!!

SLO gives little in the way of scholarships (merit aid) but if you receive any type of scholarship, it will show up with your financial aid package. FA usually shows up in your portal a few weeks after your acceptance. Did you run the Net Price Calculator prior to applying? If so, you should have a decent estimate on your costs.

3 Likes

We did. We were hoping for some scholarship but will wait and watch. Thanks