Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Acceptance

S Accepted
In-state
Major: General Engineering
CalPoly GPA 4.07/CSU GPA 4.13
6 AP/Honors; 1 DE
ECs - work (with limited leadership, not major related)

Man what a roller coaster - rejected from UCD and accepted 20 minutes later to SLO (just as we checked into our hotel room in SLO to visit our daughter!)

6 Likes

Edited your original post with Decision: Accepted

2 Likes

Accepted for Business Administration
SLO GPA: 4.21 capped
Number of A-G classes: 25 years
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 12 (5 senior year)
EC hours and with leadership or job related: 21+ with leadership
In-State/OOS/International: In-state, Bay Area

1 Like

Until last year, Cal Poly SLO had a $3,000.00 merit scholarship for nationally recognized scholars, including the College Board National Hispanic Recognition Program. My D23 is a National Hispanic Recognition Scholar. I am hoping that Cal Poly SLO still honors this merit. Not sure if it is a one time or renewable each year.

3 Likes

Any chance the student is a NMF/NMSF or NRHS? They receive a $3000 scholarship if you email their proof such as the certificate.

2 Likes

My daughters have 7 friends who have applied to CP SLO and none have heard yet. We live in Northern California

10 Likes

They started on March 10 - was it all on March 10 before the waitlists came out? Thanks Gumbymom!!

Daughter accepted! (after being rejected from UC Davis)

SLO GPA: 4.14 GPA
Number of A-G classes: 26
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 4 AP, 1 honor
EC hours and with leadership or job related: no leadership, volunteer animal shelter x 4 years - 4 hours per month, designed art mural in sophmore year during COVID lockdown, part time job at floral shop 4-5 hours/week since summer of junior year
Major: Graphic communication
In-State/OOS/International: in-state, Bay area, public high school

5 Likes

Do you know if the 3K merit scholarship for NMF/NMSF or NHRS is a one-time scholarship on the first year only or it is renewable each year?

1 Like

If they haven’t heard by now should we assume that means waitlisted or rejected? It seems like everyone got the update at the same time and it’s not trickling in. We were so excited about his UC Davis acceptance for all of 10 minutes before we realized he didn’t get into SLO (his dream school).

2 Likes

Yes, pretty much all admitted students heard on March 10 last year. There were a few postings the next day but they were admitted on March 10 and just posted their information on March 11.

1 Like

Son accepted to Construction Management! OOS, estimating 4.1 weighted GPA, 5 years math, lot’s of EC hours, volunteering + job related to major. So happy for him!!

Daughter got accepted around 4pm. Her dream school!

SLO GPA: 4.15 GPA UW GPA 3.94
Number of A-G classes: 35 years
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 10 AP, 3 honor, plus 24 college credits
EC hours and with leadership or job related: > 21 hours EC w/leadership and 2 varsity sports, 1-5 hours work
Major: Business
In-State- SoCal

3 Likes

So no reason to think anyone with less than a 4.0 will get in.

2 Likes

My DD got THREE Bs (oh the horror :grinning:) in grades 9-11 and she was just admitted to Cal Poly SLO (as well as UCSC, UCD, and several other great schools). So there is hope for non-perfect students.

14 Likes

Congratulations .Whats CSU GPA

1 Like

Has anyone received an email yet?

How many people are still awaiting a response? Thumbs up this post if you’re portal (or your kid’s portal) hasn’t been updated.

I feel like checking the SLO portal after being accepted to Davis was a major buzz kill for my son.

44 Likes

What major?

1 Like