Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

So if nothing already probably not looking good?

When would you get an invite to the Honors Program?

What about the year before that? Is this how CP normally does it or just the way it was done last year? Still hoping for DD’s friends and cousin to get accepted!

1 Like

Is it just 3 specific days up to their discretion with a few rare scattered acceptances?

2 Likes

Honors invites go out Mid-Late March.

2 Likes

Yes, pretty much which has been a consistent pattern for the last 13 years that I have been on CC. They have changed it up a bit by combining both In-state and OOS admits this year and last.

6 Likes

Will decisions continue through the evening or is the first wave over?

4 Likes

I would say the admit wave is over although individuals may be posting their information over the next few days.

3 Likes

Thanks

Haven’t got my decision yet. By the looks of the conversation here, I’m guessing that if I don’t get an acceptance today that effectively means a waitlist/rejection.

Wasn’t really expecting that since I am UC ELC-designated with a 4.32 CSU GPA at max rigor for my HS. Also almost perfect CAASPP scores (I heard CSUs look at that for in-state applicants too).

At least I got accepted to UC Davis today, which is amazing, although this looming SLO rejection is kind of a thorn in my side.

I think I may have filled out my SLO application incorrectly. The PDF from the Cal State Application portal indicates that many supplemental questions have no answer. It could be such a mistake, but I swore I double-checked to ensure everything was filled in.

2 Likes

My daughter got accepted to UCD for Global Disease Biology today but nothing from SLO today.

Poly did not have a supplemental. also, very major dependent. CSU won’t know about UC standings. poly

Davis is a great school! Be proud!

1 Like

@Ov3rpowered @SusanOh:

I believe last year there was an applicant that was accepted to Stanford but denied at SLO. Unfortunately you are in good company with many highly qualified applicants but not enough spots.

2 Likes

By supplemental, I meant quick questions asking whether I had leadership positions or extracurricular activities. I slightly recall myself filling in those exact questions, so I’m kind of confused on why they appear to be empty on the application PDF.

Definitely proud of Davis. However, the two schools are essentially equal in my eyes so it would’ve been nice to have the choice. Hoping for positive results at the UCs coming up.

Have any emails come out yet?

Yes at 6:45pm PST. Check spam

1 Like

Have you checked the portal?

2 Likes

What major did you apply to?

Bro same here I got into Davis but radio silence from cal poly… I think it was the fact I applied to psych lol

1 Like

S23 Accepted!

Major: Civil Engineering
SLO GPA: 4.25
UC unweighted GPA: 4.0
UC weighted & capped GPA: 4.36
UC fully weighted GPA: 4.64
Number of A-G classes: 24
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 12
In-State/OOS/International: In-state
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes

So excited! Both parents graduated from SLO.

Accepted: Cal Poly SLO, UC Davis, Georgia Tech, UW Seattle, Purdue, UTK, Oregon State, Boise State, UofA
Waiting on other CA schools

8 Likes