Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

So my friend checked the Class of 2026 portal and based on that timeline and also on past history as some here have mentioned, for those of us who didn’t get notified today, we are either waitlisted or denied :frowning:

3 Likes

Those are some great schools. Are some higher ranked than cal poly?

Hey, it’s not just about rankings. SLO is special!

3 Likes

Anyone accepted for Civil Engineering?

1 Like

Yep. Still says that they “have received your application. No determination has been made at this time.”

If the assumption that they just do a concentrated wave of admittances followed by official waitlist/rejection decisions on a later date is right, then I’d say this implies my application is in limbo, about to receive one of those designations.

ACCEPTED! Kinesiology
In state
GPA: 4.23
email came at 6:42pm (didn’t check portal before that)

3 Likes

I think that is a reasonable assumption

1 Like

When you want to reply to someone, click on the reply on the bottom right of their comment (not the big blue reply box). That way they, and everyone else, know who you are replying to.

D23 Accepted!

Major: Aerospace Engineering
Unweighted GPA: 4.0
Weighted GPA: 4.6
School has no APs but took all honors and 19 college credits at community college
In-State/OOS/International: In-state
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes
Extracurriculars: Cello, played at Carnegie Hall, went to State championships for her sport
Job/Work Experience: Math Tutor, interned at a medical office
Other: Founded/president of 2 clubs, School District student advisory board member, National Merit Finalist

4 Likes

Ours says the same

1 Like

My daughter’s email came approximately 3.5 hours after the acceptance came up in portal.

Son accepted OOS for software engineering he is so excited ! Go Mustangs

5 Likes

So if we haven’t heard by now (7:30 pm),is it safe to assume it’s a rejection? Got an early admit to SDSU, so was really hopeful for SLO.

We got an early admit to SDSU too. I wonder if there’s any correlation to being accepted to one and rejected at the other?

1 Like

No Decision = No Decision. Historically the decision pattern indicates if not admitted in the first wave it will be Waitlist or Denied but you never know. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

3 Likes

I would say no as both mine got into SDSU early and Cal Poly SLO today.

2 Likes

My other kid got accepted to both SLO and SDSU, but that was 5 years ago.

So my daughter just got an email from Cal Poly about her admission decision…7:20pm (but I am unable to login to find out status…) Does this mean admit?

1 Like

Does the email not have the decision in it? My son received an email about 20 minutes ago, with the acceptance decision right there in the email. It specifically mentioned his major, also.

2 Likes

My OOS son has not received an email yet, but in his portal it says “Congratulations, you have been selected for admission to Cal Poly in your alternate choice of major!” Thought this might be of interest to architecture applicants as that was his first choice major.

2 Likes