Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Does this apply for majors requiring portfolio?

The decisions for portfolio majors came out on March 24th last year so a separate admit wave. They were behind in reviewing the portfolios which seems to be the same situation this year.

1 Like

My student got in early to Berkeley (invited to apply to SEEDS), SDSU, and UCSC, and into Davis today, but nothing from SLO. CP was not first choice but it can be crazy hard to predict. Apparently ya win some ya lose some.

7 Likes

Go to my.calpoly.edu and click need help, then i am a student applicant. Enter the email your child used to sign up and create a password

2 Likes

Accepted under environmental management and protection a few hours ago! i think my uc gpa was around 4.1W 3.7 UW

2 Likes

Does anybody know of a single psychology major that has been accepted today? I know that is a very impacted major, and my daughter’s portal has not been updated, but I also have not heard of anybody getting accepted as a psychology major today. Could that come later? I’m heartbroken as this was her first pic. She is well qualified. Her boyfriend and best friend got in today or different majors, and she has a higher GPA than both. I guess it’s hard to call.

2 Likes

When my son applied in 2020 for fall 2021, all the accepts came out in one day. (He was very qualified and did not get in.) They will release the waitlist in the coming weeks and rejections after that. At this point, not accepted does not mean rejected. I know it hurts if you didn’t hear anything today. There’s no arguing that SLO is a special school. My son was in love with it. I fell in love with it. I know this feels personal but it’s not. They have way too many applicants to make it personal.

Keep the numbers in mind. I read in 2022 they received 68,000 apps for only 5,000 spots. The middle 50% of admitted students gpa was 4.08 - 4.25. There are so many 4.0++ students who were worthy and not admitted. In 2021, the waitlist was 9600 and they admitted 900 from that. Hang on to your hope but don’t take not hearing as a reflection of your worth.

One last thing. My son ended up at a school that was his #2 and was the best decision he ever made. It is such a great fit and he is happy and thriving. When he was at this moment two years ago, he felt so defeated. He didn’t know he would find a great fit at another school. There are many special schools out there, so as your options roll in, look at them for the special opportunities they offer. No two are the same.

Congratulations to those of you who are on top of the world tonight! Hugs to those of you who are feeling sad or confused. One way or the other, this does not define you!

15 Likes

Our DD did - Psychology, just notified today. We are from WA state

4 Likes

Congratulations. I’m so happy for her. I’m so sad for my daughter. :cry:

The gpa mainly matters when comparing a student to the other applicants in that major, especially in an impacted major. Every major has a different middle 50% gpa for incoming freshmen. I haven’t heard of any psych majors today so hopefully they’ll have a later release date. Best of luck to your daughter.

2 Likes

Same here - our daughter was in early to SDSU and SLO acceptance was today.

3 Likes

TLZT thank you. Yes, I understand. She has a very high GPA, so she would be quite competitive with other people applying. It’s like you said in your post, it’s very hard not to take it personally. She got accepted to UC Davis today (and other schools before that), so she should be completely happy, but this one is going down hard because it was her #1 pick.

1 Like

Does we need to apply or is it automatic for Honors invites to be sent?

What was alternate major?

1 Like

Freshman are automatically invited for the Honors college.

Is your son CS also? Maybe we can connect later. Are you attending Admitted students day in April?

Thank you for the wonderful information you provide here and on UC forums.

God bless you.

6 Likes

His alternate major was Landscape Architecture, so a happy result for a kid interested in the College of Architecture and Environmental Design even though he didn’t get his first choice major. He did eventually get an email with his acceptance and a link to a welcome video.

1 Like

My Daughter is still waiting on Psych Major, too. I have not read of any admits here.

2 Likes

My daughter got into UC Davis for Global
Disease Biology today but heard nothing from SLO. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes