Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Had one son admitted today in biology. His twin brother remains hopeful, although it sounds like odds are fading. We’re OOS.

2 Likes

Accepted for Architectural Engineering
Unweighted GPA 3.9
Weighted 4.5
2 AP classes
12 Honors classes (full year)
Ex Cur/Lead: Captain of track team, Link Crew leader, volunteer org 6 years
Summer work

Waitlisted for UCD, denied Purdue, accepted OSU, OU, CUBoulder, U of A, Cal Baptist

3 Likes

Sorry for not understanding, but dies “recruited athlete” mean she is basically guaranteed admission?

I’m just trying to figure out if my daughter should hold out any hope or not. It would seem that if she hasn’t heard yet, it’s probably a no.

1 Like

Check your SPAM or Junk folder. My daughter’s email is gmail and the Cal Poly email went to her SPAM.

They can not say they guarantee admission but I assume so. She has a 4.2 Capped/4.6 fully weighted so she certainly meets their admission standards. I just mentioned it here so people still hold out hope that more admits are coming! She did not apply to any other college so I hope so! Good luck!

2 Likes

Daughter Admitted 3/10/23 - found acceptance in portal around 3:45pm PT
SLO GPA: 4.21 /Unweighted GPA 3.95
Number of A-G classes: 25 years
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 8
EC hours and with leadership or job related: Yes
Major: Public Health
In-State/OOS/International: In-State SF Bay Area
Email from Cal Poly came through around 6:45pm, but it went to her SPAM in gmail so she didn’t see it until she found it @9pm.

Very excited for my daughter and congrats to those who were accepted, but also sad for those who did not get the news they were hoping for today. Two years ago my son did not get in for aerospace engineering and I remember how crushing it felt and how tortuous it was not to get the official denial for another two weeks. We kept holding out a sliver of hope, and then hoped for waitlist, but it would have been better to just get the bad news over with on the same day and be able to move on. Anyway, my son eventually moved on and was able to fall in love with a school that loved him back. He’s having a great experience.

10 Likes

Accepted for Architecture! OOS. 3.98 unweighted. She has 6 APs. Maxed on extracurricular hours. Leadership. No extracurriculars in her field of study. But she has 3 years of high school classes in architecture, dual credit. I don’t know whether they take that into consideration.

She got her email at 8:00pm. She did not know about checking her portal before then.

Best wishes to all of you who have not heard!!

5 Likes

Congratulations!!! I haven’t heard back yet - applied for architecture in-state.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but Cal Poly has always been one of my son’s top choices. He was pretty excited to get several of his acceptances, but the smaller class sizes and learn by doing approach trump the rankings for him. He attended EPIC at SLO and loved it.

3 Likes

Daughter accepted as an English major. We are beside ourselves, parents both being Poly alum. Her gpa was only 3.24 unweighted and 3.43 weighted. Honestly, didn’t expect an acceptance.

Best wishes to everyone… this is too stressful.

7 Likes

Son admitted to Electrical Engineering earlier this evening.
In-state, high stats, strong ECs
…very thankful and happy.

2 Likes

Same for my son!

Correct! For example, most UCs has a freshman class of about 6000 students, but admitted is around from 12800 (UCLA) to more than 35000(UC Davis). Schools that are more popular will not need to admit as many students to fill its Freshman class.

(Freshman admit data | UC Admissions)

2 Likes

Daughter was accepted for Landscape Architecture! Beyond thrilled!! :tada::tada::tada:

4 Likes

Son was accepted today for Business! In state student :tada::champagne::clap:t2:

4 Likes

So many waitlisted at UC Davis! My son was accepted today for SLO for Business but waitlisted at Davis too!

1 Like

4.4 in state daughter has not heard for Child Development, reject UC Davis, hope there’s more acceptances coming

1 Like

D23 accepted! Biology, OOS
4.0UW
4.6 UC WGPA (10th-11th, fully weighted using rogerhub)
4.32 CSU GPA (from her application form)
16 years APs
28 years a-g classes
Editor-in-Chief, founded two large clubs, varsity, part-time job, city volunteer award, no hooks.

Considering we’re OOS, there were 4.1K applicants for Biology prior year and with such a small cut (~500), we’re definitely happy she got in! We even contemplated whether she should apply for a less competitive life sciences program (i.e. Microbiology) and I’m super glad she didn’t because Micro is just too much memorizations LOL. She’s legacy SLO and absolutely LOVED the campus vibe, small class sizes taught by professors focused on teaching, and most importantly, perfect year-round weather. Morrow bay, Pismo, downtown SLO, weekly farmers market…what’s not to like! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once your student has been offered admission and you post their acceptance stats here, you should request to join the Mustang Parents Facebook group. It’s a fantastic resource! Good luck everybody! (Cal Poly SLO Mustang Parents | Facebook)

9 Likes

The GPA on the application is usually the CSU GPA (10th & 11th grades)

1 Like