Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

They emailed my daughter too asking for her portfolio. She decided it wasn’t quite the right degree and wasn’t keen on the possibility of not being able to study the minor (due to the campus being impacted and they only allow a certain number of students to study it).

Wondering if anyone has info on honors college invites? My daughter was admitted on March 10 for Architecture. Wondering if anyone knows about honors invites? If she was going to get an invite for the honors program, would she have it by now?

1 Like

Others have received invites, so I believe she would have hers if she was going to receive one.

1 Like

Has anyone heard about waitlists??
Trying to decide if tomorrow is a waitlist wave or a denial wave!! I have multiple students invested in the outcome!!!

3 Likes

Is today the day? If no news today, will that be a record for SLO – 2 full weeks of silence after the first wave of acceptances?

3 Likes

We are wondering if Art & Design will finally be out today or if they will drag it out another week since portfolio requests were so late. When my daughter asked the office, they only told her “by April 1st.”

I’m not sure if it’ll be today. They emailed my daughter March 21st asking for her to submit her portfolio and extending the deadline to March 26th.

She chose not to continue with the application because the degree wasn’t quite right and there was no guarantee she could study the minor she wanted due to the campus being impacted.

Yes, it sounds like it might be next Friday instead. Curious, what about the degree your daughter did not like? My daughter’s main concern is that it might be too narrow, and she’s concerned about her ability to minor and/or double major. This was the attraction of the more traditional liberal arts schools – the encouragement to double major and flexibility in major changes.

2 Likes

hoping it comes out later today :pray:

3 Likes

I feel like Portfolio acceptances are on a different timeline than other acceptances.

1 Like

My student received the invitation 3 days ago.

My daughter received an email on Monday, March 20th with the inviting her to apply to the honors college. Application is due Sunday, March 26th.

1 Like

Me too! still waiting on slo but leaning on SDSU!

My son got in with less than a 4.0, zero AP classes.

Does anyone know if Aerospace Engineering along with other majors comes out today?

Got in to Cal Poly? Was this on the March 10 wave or more recent?

1 Like

I am incredibly disappointed in CalPoly. Their admissions process is incredibly untransparent and disappointing. I mean, they release some decisions and then nothing for weeks! Why can’t they release all at once like everyone else? You’d think a highly regarded school like this would have it together. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I know this is incredibly stressful, but believe me, CalPoly is absolutely not alone in doing admission waves or rolling admissions.

4 Likes

Depends on the major for sure.

My daughter just found the invite to apply for Honors in her promotions folder. :frowning: She could probably pull it together to apply by the end of Sunday, but I don’t know what that entails.

Does anyone know about what benefits the Honors program confers? Sounds like it’s not an easy admit to the program once you submit the application? @sushiritto what can you tell us about the Honors program, if anything? :slight_smile:

Now I’m worried about visiting campus and not getting a tour since it seems like the day we can go (Wednesday, April 5th) on our way down to visit other schools in the LA and San Diego area, there are no scheduled tours. Is it easy enough to tour on our own and sort of piece it together?

Edited to add: I think I just found the answers to a lot of my questions. But I’d still be interested in takes from those who have some first-hand knowledge about the program. Anyway, here’s the FAQ: https://honors.calpoly.edu/content/faq