Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

These are the 2 Essay prompts:
Essay #1:

Some students have an identity, experience, interest, or talent that is so central to the story of who they are that their Honors Program application would be incomplete without describing it. Please describe what is central to the story of you.

Essay #2:

Choose and respond to one and only one of the prompts below.

Response must be between 500 and 2000 characters including spaces.

1. Describe a setting in which you have collaborated or interacted with people whose experiences and/or beliefs differ from yours. Describe how you believe this experience has prepared you to be a part of the Honors Program.

2. “I will not follow where the path may lead, but I will go where there is no path, and I will leave a trail.” (Poet Muriel Strode). Identify a specific way you hope to be a leader at Cal Poly. Describe how your actions will leave a trail for others in the Honors program.

3. You have a ticket in your hand…What’s it for? Where will it take you? Describe how you believe the Honors Program will help you on your journey.

*Response must be between 500 and 2000 characters including spaces.

1 Like

Exactly!!! Texas A&M drags there whole process out over 6 months (except for engineering majors who go thru a holistic process and find out in mid December if they submitted their application October 1st). Applicants are admitted if they hit the benchmarks of GPA, Test scores and rigor automatically if there is still space in the program when application is reviewed. ECs don’t always come into play unless your borderline or consideration for alternate majors if your your choice major fills up. Even if you turn in your non-engineering application in August you might have to wait until March or April to find if you are accepted, WL or rejected since they are managing yield during the whole process. Some applicants find out their admission within 2 weeks of submissions while others wait 6-8 months to find out their fate. Luckily, my D was an engineering applicant and found out the 1st week of December she was accepted for engineering but she had many friends wait until the bitter end to find out they were accepted at satellite campuses, WL or rejected. Makes Cal Poly’s admission process look much more tame than the mixed up, hodge admission process at TAMU.

Any decisions today? Anyone get waitlisted or declined for Journalism yet? Assuming many acceptance already.

This is our last one and just want an answer so my kid can move on and make decisions.

Yes because my son hasn’t heard from slo but all others. He hasn’t declined any yet. I can’t see kids declining so soon because they aren’t 100% and anything can happen.

2 Likes

Have there been any architecture admits yet? I’ve searched the thread but haven’t seen any.

Yes. My son was accepted to architecture on the 10th and I’ve seen a few others.

1 Like

That’s not a lot of characters to work with. :frowning:

Mine is still waiting to hear on that one too

3 Likes

Hi! Has anyone heard much regarding acceptances from Biomedical Engineering or kinesiology? I haven’t seen much on the threads about these majors. Some of my daughters friends have heard back but are business majors. I was just wondering, cant wait until the 1st and all the stress is over :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, some admits for Bioengineering and Kinesiology.

1 Like

This is my theory too. Cal Poly SLO is perhaps carefully watching how many accepted students cheerfully clicked their SIR button immediately, or at least since March 10th. (One of my DD’s friends did this–at school and implusively!–but presumably it was her first choice.)

If more students than anticipated have already SIRd, Cal Poly SLO knows to send out fewer new acceptances. Like a virtual waitlist, in a way. But if fewer accepted students than anticipated have not yet SIRd, then Cal Poly SLO can perhaps risk sending out more new acceptances.

If this is not what’s going on then it may be some kind of ordinary Cal State bureaucratic sluggishness. SDSU was pretty slow too this cycle.

3 Likes

thank you!!

Decisions are in for Art! Check your portals.

5 Likes

Has anyone talked to admission and asked them specifically if they are still admitting anyone or do they just say admission decisions?

I have 2 seniors still waiting for SLO admission decision. Are decisions for Engineering and Computer Engineering already out?

I believe some have been sent out

Acceptances or waitlisted? Or what?

1 Like

acceptances

For the students that were accepted in Psychology or Child Development, what were their stats?

1 Like

Any news from Business majors. Son has been waiting and checked again at 1:15pm PT today (3/24/23) and nothing

2 Likes