Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

OMG Congrats on GT!! And your other student WL at SLO but into UCLA and Berkeley in his year? Whack, but sounds like it all worked out well.

1 Like

Waitlisted for architectural engineering after checking portal. No email.
Son got into SDSU and offered a scholarship, UCLA and offered a scholarship, UCSD and offered a full scholarship (Jacobs), UCI, and CP Pomona. Ranked 1st in his class with a 4.78 gpa and waitlisted to SLO. Not exactly sure what they are looking for but he is over it.

9 Likes

If you plan on committing to another college don’t forget to fill out that survey :saluting_face: (when we get it)

4 Likes

That was my son in 2020! :sob: It’s crazy!
He is at LMU doing CS and LOVES it! Outstanding program!

2 Likes

It sounds like so many amazing students with outstanding offers this year even if SLO is a no or waitlist.

I would deeply appreciate those who are choosing another school to also opt out of being on SLO’s waitlist for those of us who SLO is their 1st choice and will hang on until the end!

Wishing everyone the best for their child. It’s been a roller coaster of an experience watching my child go through the highs and lows of the application process and I’m proud of the maturity in how my son is handling it. Cheers to you all!

5 Likes

Daughter waitlisted for SE
4.43 weighted GPA
3.96 unweighted
9 AP classes
5 years of math
4 1/2 years English
Working job that applies to her major
OOS

2 Likes

My daughter accepted to USC yesterday in computer engineering. 5.2W/4.0UW. Still no decision from SLO. Have not seen any accepts or waitlists from SLO on this thread for computer engineering.

3 Likes

waitlisted for psych… oh well, go bruins! :))))

5 Likes

This ^^

We’re in a similar boat. I know that this means our daughter got rejected. We’ve moved on. I’m sure that your daughter has great options and will shine wherever she goes!

Is there data that shows how many SLO typically admits per major?

No data on admit rate by major but target projections on how many students they target for enrolling in each major.

Admit rates depend upon yield rate/major which is unknown but an estimate if 3 times the # of spots can give you a ballpark.

Yes this^^^ :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

DS23 waitlisted for Mechanical Engineering. It wasn’t a shock considering the history of how SLO releases decisions. And on some level we’re happy for some clarity in narrowing down his choices. While he certainly would have considered SLO if he got in, it wasn’t his top choice. But I will join in with others in thinking the way SLO does this is kind of mean. I’m sure there are lots of kids who still don’t have a decision who are left to deal with the rollercoaster of emotions of trying to stay hopeful, while also assuming this isn’t going to happen for them. I appreciate the other schools that ripped the bandaid off all at once (or at least released a batch of early acceptances with the understanding that many more acceptances will come later).

Sending hugs to everyone still waiting. If you applied to SLO, you clearly worked really hard and are deserving of success. Just know there are so many paths to happiness in this very stressful situation when you keep an open mind to the opportunities that present themselves to you.

12 Likes

Well, looks like if you did not get notifcation last night, it will be rejected next week. I expected for the rejection for my S23.

2 Likes

Has SLO stated how many applicants they had this year? Just curious.

Never mind, just saw the email, “…over 73,000 applications for approximately 6,200 available spaces”.

2 Likes

Sad about this reality. The very last school to weigh in will be a rejection, and it would have been his top choice. Soon it will be behind us and we can focus on the next step.

2 Likes

Yep. I am not sure why they would make the choice to wait another week to reject kids. I can’t think of a reason that helps them.

5 Likes

The email is out for the waitlist and if you decide to commit to another school don’t forget to opt out of the waitlist (the email can be found in spam, promotions, etc)

3 Likes