Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2022

thinking about it, id rather wait long and now im accepted and know financial aid package right away than be admitted and still waiting

1 Like

I will. Although, the distance is a fun 3 hour drive… I really want to check everything out beforehand in detail.

I drove to Cal Poly once last year but the school was closed back then. I’d love to book a hotel to stay there for the open house if I get admitted.

I visited the campus in November, is the open house sort of just like checking the campus out or what?

You can check out details regarding Open House here: https://orientation.calpoly.edu/openhouse/

1 Like

From what I’ve read, yeah. All the departments will be open and such. Think clubs, too. It’s about actually checking out what the campus really has to offer in an in-person fashion.

2 Likes

GoodMorning everyone! today might be the day, today might not be the day, lets just have a good day! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Great outlook

Atleast before we had the 17th to look forward to since that was last years date, we’re rly just left in the dark till April 1 now

1 Like

didnt they get released on the 18th like 2 years ago? we got 1 day left until we are really in uncharted levels

1 Like

My daughter was accepted as a freshman to Cal Poly on a Friday in 2018. We have hope that transfer admissions could be today. :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

I just went back 2 years ago it seemed they dropped on march 17 of last year (wednesday) and march 16th of 2020 (wednesday) it seems our next date could possibly be the 23rd which would be wednesday of next week

1 Like

I don’t know if you guys already knew this, but apparently Cal Poly releases decisions in such a weird way to prevent the portal from crashing

1 Like

oh that’s interesting i could see that

I’m surprised that when we call admissions, they actually tell us “oh not today” because it seemed like last year when people would call, they would say the “everyone will know by April 1st” line, so at least they’re communicating with us about when it might be

1 Like

Yeah and chances are they probably have no idea on when it actually will be and I doubt they would tell us because like you said they don’t want the portal crashing. I think it’s best for us to probably leave them alone unless it’s like March 30th and none of us have heard anything :rofl:

I just wanna call them and ask can they walk me though the admission decision process, It doesn’t make sense how apparently 68k people in total applied so lets say 10k are transfers how they managed to get through 58k people in a timely manner sorta but are stuck with transfers

3 Likes

I’m super curious on why they haven’t released freshman waitlists yet. I feel like normally waitlists come a couple days after admissions… so it almost makes me wonder if there could be a second wave of freshman admissions as well

with cal poly pomona i think it took them a couple weeks to release the waitlists too

Oh, okay!